early hub depository (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the finned Warn m47d hubs on my 1964 FJ45.

image.jpg

I picked up these beauties recently....

Someone has a parts list for the WARM M47a? I'm need a new needle bearing that is mounted in the outside of the housing. aprox. 35x41x11 mm.

(aprox 1 3/8 x 1 9/16 x 7/16)

thanks, Paul.

I don't know what they are worth.

If they were late model jump seats that had been reupholstered they'd be worth $2000 on eBay!
;)

Yeah "FleaBay" is rich people's territory now days. If you polish them just a little they will look like new, but then I won't be able to afford them. "Can't believe I just shot myself in foot" :frown:

Yeah "FleaBay" is rich people's territory now days. If you polish them just a little they will look like new, but then I won't be able to afford them. "Can't believe I just shot myself in foot" :frown:

I don't think you want to run selectable hubs on an FJ25 anyways. When I had my transfer apart, it donned on me that the upper bearing and gears won't get much oil without the front driveshaft spinning the lower gears and throwing oil around.

I mentioned it in another thread and I found it weird that nobody chimed in since we see so many FJ25's with selectable hubs. Am I crazy here?

I don't think you want to run selectable hubs on an FJ25 anyways. When I had my transfer apart, it donned on me that the upper bearing and gears won't get much oil without the front driveshaft spinning the lower gears and throwing oil around.

I mentioned it in another thread and I found it weird that nobody chimed in since we see so many FJ25's with selectable hubs. Am I crazy here?

I need them for another project. Drive flanges with solid hubcaps all the way for FJ25. Although I decided that for stock look and didn't know about oil flow issue. Thanks for sharing Jeff. Common opinion here is (other than wear on front axle) without selectable hubs steering takes more effort, turning radius increases etc.

This is a Jeep application but the story of how the old DualMatic Hubs work is probably the same or similar.

1642039059962.png

1642039087748.png

1642039126149.png

1642039152292.png

Unfortunately not for sale, the only set I have.
Any interest in a trade for another early set? I have multiple sets of 6 spline hubs.

Any interest in a trade for another early set? I have multiple sets of 6 spline hubs.
Thanks again for the offer Drake2. I have a few different Warn hubs (tapers, with the rings on the side and smooth bodied), a Selectro or two, there are some AVM's lying around, I even had Dualmatics once (they are horrid to use, one needs to line everything up for the levers to spin) and of course the later ASCO's in the various colours, so these are cool keepers which don't show up often.

Thanks again for the offer Drake2. I have a few different Warn hubs (tapers, with the rings on the side and smooth bodied), a Selectro or two, there are some AVM's lying around, I even had Dualmatics once (they are horrid to use, one needs to line everything up for the levers to spin) and of course the later ASCO's in the various colours, so these are cool keepers which don't show up often.
Well, no issues I understand. Please keep me in mind if you ever come across another one or a pair of these old Asian sets. Just when I thought my hub collection was nearly complete, BOOM......another kind came to light. The search continues :cheers:

Last edited:
Well, no issues I understand. Please keep me in mind if you ever come across another one or a pair of these old Asian sets. Just when I thought my hub collectioon was nearly complete, BOOM......another kind came to light. The search continues :cheers:
Will do so

Just for fun, a pic of a '64 running Huskies. It was sold on BAT in 2017.
20220208_101216.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom