Builds "Dumpie" my new Fj45 work truck! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpie continues to amaze me. Hot wired it and shot some carb clean and it fired right up! Burnt ign wires and all! Plan now is to get it running and driving again. Installed a new clutch master hose, bled it and now have a clutch! Waiting on new rad hoses, carb, and then check all the brakes( I rebuilt everything before this happened, so things were fresh before the fire. I love the new turn lens contrast!! Been digging around and finding little bits and pieces to put dumpie back together again. Think it’s going to stay original, it’s still too complete to resto mod. Looking for every piece of plastic and rubber so give me a shout if you guys have some of the little things. I sprayed the fender with muriatic acid and the ash residue fell off to reveal clean bare metal!
A6CD7E3C-100C-4822-8283-DB3BA3D84E9B.jpeg
44C510C1-32D2-44D6-ADDF-1005A0585806.jpeg
58D533B3-03E6-4260-9C51-30FD35FAB48D.jpeg
77147013-DDFD-499D-B797-55D10F21A0A3.jpeg

Maybe you can call it Humpty Dumpie! I'm stoked for you. Get that thing running.

Last edited:
Local craigslist parting a 67 40, just got a lot of little things, dumpie is coming back! Got it running today and it purrs like a kitten! Pto operates as it should, got the column linkage, steering wheel, turn signal lever sorted. Waiting on a brake master and lines and should have a driving 45 soon! Been stripping the ash residue,cleaning the bare metal and getting some primer down. Lots of work ahead but really happy so far.
11EADA90-D43D-4ABC-B3C4-EB46569BE422.jpeg

Amazing transforation. What looked hopeless a few weeks ago looks like it might be one of the better ones around soon. Stay on it. At this rate, you'll be driving it before long. I bet Workingdog will wish he still had Dumpie when he sees this.

I have never been afraid of the unknown or taking a chance, I absolutely love bringing back derelict, once forgotten rigs, left for dead! These trucks are special, and deserve all attention, This 45 is so solid , just takes a lot of patience, and hard work!👍

That last pic is great, looks like a couple of alpha males showing their teeth to intimidate each other, lol.

I have relegated my ‘63 SWB build into a similar category, “derelict, once forgotten, left for dead” restoration. But my starting point was significantly more rusted, although not cooked to crispiness like Dumpie, and missing a good amount of original parts unlike Dumpie.

The primer on upper surfaces makes sense, but what about the underside and/or frame? Thumbs up on taking on the challenge.

Thats what I'm talking bout! : )

Too cool!

Dumpie, Dumpie, Dumpie!

Wow that's really unbelievable, how long have you had the truck back and it's running and driving! Spectacular job.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom