Builds "Dumpie" my new Fj45 work truck! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool Brian. The hanger clips on the hoses were standard issue for the early rigs. I saved a stack of the old hoses to take the clips off of...some day.

Someday was today. I aborted my Death Valley trip due to weather and decided to use the blocked out time to do some more work on the 45.

After pulling the fender to get to the old steering box pedestal rivets, I discovered my non-supported brake hose had rubbed on my tire down to the cord!
IMG_0970.JPG

Shades of Land Cruiser Junky, without the wreck.

So out came the box of old hoses. Half had the garter, half didn't.
IMG_0969.JPG

I see you waited till I was busy with King of the Hammers to swoop into my honey hole and find another 45. :)
I wonder how many 45s have been pulled out of Grants Pass over the years.
I have a 45 tailgate I would part with, I even have a tan one.

Justin, what I can tell you from living only 30 miles away from a Grants Pass, it truly is a "Honey Hole". I know that Wheeler Toyota in Grants Pass sold lots of FJ45's in the day. The family owners would drive to Portland and tow bar three at a time to Grants Pass. Whitey's is not the only one taken from that area recently.

Mark......

Justin, what I can tell you from living only 30 miles away from a Grants Pass, it truly is a "Honey Hole". I know that Wheeler Toyota in Grants Pass sold lots of FJ45's in the day. The family owners would drive to Portland and tow bar three at a time to Grants Pass. Whitey's is not the only one taken from that area recently.

Mark......

When I worked at Metric (Western Colorado) in the winters years ago it seamed like every other 45 was from the mythical Grants Pass.
It's crazy they keep popping out of the woodwork. My 79 FJ40 is from Northern CA, but I bought it in GP, I am nearly certain it sat in a garage for 25 years, total time capsule.

Yes, I think the whole Wheeler Toyota story is very true. I was told that they had sold more FJ45 trucks than any other single dealer in the country. I personally know of at least 10 in the area. The Wheeler family just sold the dealership to some firm, now it's Grants Pass Toyota.

Mark....

IMG_3584.JPG
Not a 45 but a darn nice early 40 plucked from the same area yesterday. Heading to California I suppose because the tow vehicle had Cali plates. whitey????

Not me! A lot of 45's came into NorCal too. Stancil Toyota in placerville was a popular dealer as was Hollywood Toyota. I had to sneak up in the cover of darkness so you gp guys wouldn't get to it. I got lucky and found the add an hour after it was listed and bought it over the phone!

That's a win for everyone! Can't wait to hear both stories.

You guys are so lucky. Your 45 run may have stopped in '67 but they're so pristine! Every truck down here is so rusty. I don't know wth happened but I've only ever seen two early 45's like the ones you guys have and both were that dark blue like andrews520's '68, which I believe contained a lot of lead.

To invoke Justice Potter Stewart's sentiment . . . "I know it when I see it."

This thread is borderline obscene.

View attachment 1405595 Well I got you beat!! 2 in one day!!! Just got home with these!
Hey whitey, I think all of us with this 45 addiction, who has a wife, should thank you. If we ever get a hard time from the wife for bringing home another 45 we can show her whitey45 who brings home 2 at a time and we shouldn't be in quite as much :poop:

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom