Dreaming - What Paint Color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Personally it would be the 857 medium blue color from the 1983 FJ/BJ42..why? Because that was my very first Land Cruiser.

Seriously contemplating doing a white roof when I paint mine. Seriously considering it!!

I'm not a huge fan of the look (on 60's) but I completely get it, as a guy with a dark colored 60, that's a LOT of real estate baking in the sun all day every day and it gets HOT!

I'm not a huge fan of the look (on 60's) but I completely get it, as a guy with a dark colored 60, that's a LOT of real estate baking in the sun all day every day and it gets HOT!

Exactly. And my truck is my daily driver and sits in a parking lot with ZERO coverage. Wouldn't be an issue if there was shade at some point in the afternoon for it (trees, building shadow, etc.) but I got nothing. Luckily we only get a few REALLY hot weeks every summer (started this week for us) where the temps stay consistently above 95* but those weeks suck nonetheless. That is ultimately why I am considering, that and not many people see the top of my truck.

Seriously contemplating doing a white roof when I paint mine. Seriously considering it!!
One day when we were down in Albuquerque to pick up parts from American Toyota, Cdan showed me and my wife his 80-Series with a white roof. We both thought it looked great. Of course we're somewhat biased seeing that we have two FJ40s. <------

I like all the suggested colors if the entire truck is disassembled and you have the chance to repaint EVERYTHING, but if any stock color remains (engine bay, pillars, wheel wells, etc), I’m way in favor of repainting stock color.

Personally it would be the 857 medium blue color from the 1983 FJ/BJ42..why? Because that was my very first Land Cruiser.

Had to go look under the hood of my mini truck.
IMG_20180719_181044981_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

I've thought about doing a two tone paint job using the new quicksand and inferno colors from Toyota. I have a grey interior though and it might look weird. If I had the brown interior I would not hesitate. Perhaps the two tone with the cavalry blue and cement grey? I really like that olive color from the 40 series too.

I will probably do this as the look is appealing to me. Heat isn't a problem here. Roof is a more faded red than the body now, and it's just too much red anyway. I wouldn't want to do this with a silver 60 series-red seems like the best candidate.

I like the cavalry blue from Toyota but the Arles Blue from Land Rover is better IMHO.

Here it is on an FJ40:
upload_2018-7-19_19-12-4.jpeg

Also digging the Ferrari grey that TLC is using lately. If you haven’t seen this video yet be warned! You may drool a bit:

Cheers!
-Ed

I just got an estimate from the shop I want to paint mine, which will be very thorough and complete. They'll strip it to the bare metal and remove everything that will come off for the process. I may keep it stock, but am also looking at Honda's Aegean Blue with a white roof. While the price tag is a bit uncomfortable, losing my LC for 3-5 months is worse. But it has to happen if I want the truck to last for another 30 years! (Or more.) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom