Dreaming - What Paint Color (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah @cruiser enthuiser That build is absolutely beautiful, but also probably cost more than twice the NICE vehicles that we all own (thinking that was a $60k resto).

Actually that gave me some good perspective on the white roof with the darkish gray colored exterior. I was rummaging through my paints last night and realized that I have a quart of white rustoleum primer for my gun... I may just give it a shot and see if I like it with the current setup and would be some good practice for me as well!

Strapping a sheet of plywood on the roof rack makes a huge difference with interior temps if you must park in the sun.

The Series land rovers used to have the option for a "Safari roof" which was simply an aluminum skin mounted about 1.5 inches over the top of the stock roof with a white surface. Basically a big heat shield that allowed for airflow underneath between it and the stock roof:

ebay_281656572960_2.jpg

The Series land rovers used to have the option for a "Safari roof" which was simply an aluminum skin mounted about 1.5 inches over the top of the stock roof with a white surface. Basically a big heat shield that allowed for airflow underneath between it and the stock roof:

It helps keep the interior cool while it’s broken down waiting for help to arrive.

It helps keep the interior cool while it’s broken down waiting for help to arrive.

Also true. But for the 15% of the time that its not suffering from an onboard electrical fire or smoke show or the axles arent breaking or all the fluids are not pouring out of the driveline.. your roof stays nice and cool :rofl:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom