Builds Dirty Koala Build - Cummins 6BT + NV4500 + HF2AV Swap

mryanangel

SILVER Star
@mryanangel do you have a photo of your crossmember trans mount. Thats my project this weekend and want to know how much you spaced your trans above the crossmember. Thanks.
Post #419 is where I have the details and pics. I used a piece of 1" x 2" rectangular tube to space the dodge trans mount up off the Toyota crossmember.

mryanangel

SILVER Star
This week I noticed my rear diff was leaking from the pinion seal. I know that Zuk used a Marlin seal when building the diff which works really well, so assumed it was leaking through the pinion splines. Turned out this was the case, there was no sealant used on the splines.
20190414_140136.jpg

I pulled the companion flange, seal and cleaned up the mating surfaces.
20190414_143139.jpg

A thin coat of FIPG on the pinion splines and 3rd seal surface should seal her up good and tight.
20190414_143459.jpg

Knocked in a new Marlin seal I picked up from Kurt ...it's particularly handy living/working 5 miles from @cruiseroutfit.

Since I have a Nitro solid collar spacer I was able to simply torque the pinion nut back to 181ft/lbs and restake it.
20190414_155113.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Cimarron

DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT
SILVER Star
So are you using the spacer to make up difference in driveshaft length after conversion? I put my rear on the other night and it looks like I need to lengthen about an inch.

mryanangel

SILVER Star
So are you using the spacer to make up difference in driveshaft length after conversion? I put my rear on the other night and it looks like I need to lengthen about an inch.
I don't have any spacer in my driveshaft.

The solid collar is inside the 3rd member. I had it installed when the diff was regeared and harrops installed. It replaces the crush collar which makes replacing seals easier since you don't have to worry about changing the pinion preload like you would with a crush collar.

My rear driveshaft is a retubed 80 series shaft, but the factory length shaft still fits just fine. When we were at the end of HITR and I snapped the yoke on my custom rear shaft, I borrowed a spare 80 series shaft from @apinti and it fit just fine.

I now have a retubed shaft that I got from @Box Rocket as my daily and had a really beefy spare shaft made by GSR drivelines.

mryanangel

SILVER Star
ugh the prep work, I am planning to monstaline my 80 but I am totally new to this. How did you mask off all of the
I probably should have spent more time on prep than I did, but its just a matter of removing as much stuff as you want to. I was replacing all my window trim and seals at the same time so I pulled them out and taped up everything i didn't want to get Monstaliner on. Pretty much the same process as taping a bedroom before painting.

I probably should have spent more time on prep than I did, but its just a matter of removing as much stuff as you want to. I was replacing all my window trim and seals at the same time so I pulled them out and taped up everything i didn't want to get Monstaliner on. Pretty much the same process as taping a bedroom before painting.
Thank you, Also what was the total cost of removing all the windows and replacing all the seals?

Top Bottom