Builds Dirty Bastard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ready to go on the axles.
20160730_172842.jpg

Paki or Bestop? That is the question.
If I rip a Paki top on the trail, I'm going to be remiss on paying $2k for a top, particularly when I can buy almost three Bestops for the price.
The Paki top looks so damn good though.

Paki top looks good but it sticks up high and wide, better off with a Bestop for price and ease of replacement

Paki or Bestop? That is the question.

Which begs the question, looks or function? If you're going for looks, Paki/Trollhole top all the way. It just looks right on a 40. If you're going for function/affordability, then Besttop. I loved the Paki top on my 42, but if I wouldn't have got a package deal from Ken with the top and bows included, I would have went with the Besttop.

Which begs the question, looks or function? If you're going for looks, Paki/Trollhole top all the way. It just looks right on a 40. If you're going for function/affordability, then Besttop. I loved the Paki top on my 42, but if I wouldn't have got a package deal from Ken with the top and bows included, I would have went with the Besttop.
I think that's where I'm really caught up, the paki/Trollhole top is perfect on a 40 in regards to looks, but with bows and doors I'm approaching $3k easy. Bestop it is, which sucks in the looks department, but frees me up to get a 4plus tire carrier.

Got the tire carrier ordered up from 4plus which in a way was luck, they're going to be out of town for a few weeks.
I have a couple of things to knock out this week, but I'm hoping to swap the body over.

Have u thought about turning this into a fj43? It would be unique, u could have a nice long wheelbase, and more room for gear and family
I did, but decided against it due to the cost of the aqualu tub. Realistically, most wheeling trips will be the youngest two with my wife and myself, or just me and one of the boys. The little truck will serve that purpose well.

I did, but decided against it due to the cost of the aqualu tub. Realistically, most wheeling trips will be the youngest two with my wife and myself, or just me and one of the boys. The little truck will serve that purpose well.
Cool, look forward to the progress. The nice thing is you just did a 40, so you probably have learned what you would and wouldn't do again.

Front shock towers are burned in (ruffstuff), and I'm going to get the frame painted up to the firewall section. I had some parts missing from my last ruffstuff and ORD orders which put off the body swap. I'm missing the lower kingpin grease seal, so haven't been able to get the front together to roll the chassis outside. Not really a big deal, but we're taking a trip to Montana soon and I was hoping to have the body swapped prior.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom