Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Redarc 30 manager and Whynter 62DZ arrived

IMG_20190820_163450746.jpg

IMG_20190820_163512714.jpg

I've been looking at this DC-DC charger for our trailer which has 300Ah worth of batteries.

I want to ditch our soft foldable panel and put 300W of Zamp solar on the roof, have a high current drop from the tow vehicle alternator -- but also charge the vehicle start battery at the same time when getting good solar or hooked up to shore power.

The 30 has all that, leaving me only needing a small inverter like a Magnum 400W and a couple batteries for a complete system.

If you price out a DC-DC charger, a good MPPT charge controller, a 40A AC-DC charger and good BMS functionality individually -- not to mention the necessary cabling/connectors cost & complexity -- this cost-justifies itself given Redarc's reputation for reliability.

That manager 30 is $$$. But looks like a sick ticket.

I woke up and argued with myself for hours about the final finish on Dingo. I want that industrial look and with any open forum... let others sway me a bit.... A little after 2am this morning Andrea asked what was eating at me... I told her and she said "WHEN HAVE YOU EVER DONE ANYTHING THE MAJORITY LIKED"....... I replied you're right ..... LINER IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll shoot all the jambs, firewall and misc internal parts in black and stick with MY ORIGINAL PLAN.

J

I personally can't wait to see this done. Seems like liners have come a long way in the last few years and might be a great way to get a decent finish while helping protect the body and allow the owner to use the truck.:clap:

Kelly Saad left yesterday.

I woke up early and I hit the shop at 410AM. Nice, quiet and back to my normal pace. Laid down a coat of surfacer primer over the epoxy primer, waited 2 hours and went to breakfast with my machinist and discussed upcoming items, came back and scuffed with 320 grit, cleaned and laid 2 coats of black inside and out.

Will let the paint set for approx. a week, scuff, clean with MEK and liner.

I'll shoot the underbelly with sound deadner and reassemble everything on Saturday and start getting this beast built.

J

IMG_20190821_112057750.jpg

IMG_20190821_104556923.jpg

Last edited:
For you aluminum bumper lovers...

New aluminum latch parts for the swing arms (aluminum bumpers only) are coming to life. First operation of three finished up.

@staggrlee

I'm done for the work week. Headed to Burney Falls in the morning to relax for a couple days.

J

IMG_20190821_113610007.jpg
IMG_20190821_113620240.jpg
IMG_20190821_113623972.jpg

Maaan, this is gonna be so awesome,! So will Poppy!!

Well we'll see what this monster will sorta look like come Saturday afternoon. I plan to assemble the body so I can get it ready for LINER!

Need the space for another project coming in soon and to re-organize the shop so I can get back to business as usual.

J

That manager 30 is $$$. But looks like a sick ticket.

As @staggrlee said it adds up to about the same as several other units in one HIGH quality package. I have a Renogy 2000W sine wave converter to pair it with.

Now to decide on panels, looking at getting a pair of 150W or similar panel.

I want hard panel(s) that I plan to make removable from the roof rack and be able to relocate away from the rig so I can possibley park in shade (if allowable) and put the panels in the sun when camped for longer periods. I'm not too worried about reserve power as I'll have 2- Trojan 205AH @20hr AGMs, plus shore power aux. input for charge ups and a 3 bank Odyssey 40amp on board/removable charger as well.

Attachments

• TROJAN SAGM_12_205_AGM_DS.pdf
    930.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
70 Series black mirrors and black door handles arrived this evening.

Waiting on the black billet window knobs. I'm either going to weld up some aluminum arm rests and have Andrea cover in cloth or mill some from aluminum and make a cloth arm pad.

B-pillar covers went to powder this week as well.

Order more misc missing pieces from @3_puppies . Paul has been awesome to work with. He should be on everyone's speed dial IMO.

Final files are ready to test cut for the door panels @NookShneer helped out on making this possibly happen for everyone! If I have time next week I will get them cut and test fit. I have a lot to catch up on after this past week of FUN.

Glass should be back from the tint company next week (for Poppy too) then to install. This is a priority to get both cruisers sealed up.

SEM black color coat for the vinyl/plastic pieces should be here next week and get put in the stock room for later use. Clamshell will get painted.

The first two AC bezel prototypes will be finished next week as well..

Lots happening.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom