Delancy, this didn't buff out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It hit a parked car. Insurance wants to total it. Any idea's?

20150329_10310791.jpg
20150329_10303990.jpg 20150329_112816.jpg 20150329_103129.jpg

That's not too bad of damage, I cannot believe vehicles get totaled for such minor crashes. Granted that's not minor, but 50 years ago people rebuilt things that would be unthinkable today.

Does it run?

Let them total it and buy it back for a fraction, fix what you need and use the rest for upgrades.

This is the plan I'm conjuring up, skill set might not be perfect, but if I can plow through it, it's probably the best outcome.

How's the head gasket? hehe

But seriously, I wouldn't be scared. Nothing a little duct tape can't fix! Replace/repair the parts that are damaged, monstaline it and drive it like you stole it.

where in fl are you i know a good body guy here on orlando that did a frame off resto of my fj40 and did a good job at a very fair price.. also check to see if the insurance co totals it are your stuck with a salvage titled non drive able vehicle?

Didn't buff out? - you quit too soon!

Seriously though; search "plasma cutter and some duct tape". Your rig could be a candidate for something like that. Don't just scrap it/salvage-title it. You VIN is worth something as is. Especially if you have factory lockers.

To get down to down to brass tacks - you really only need a front clip and some metal work. A decent welder/metal worker can get the steel as good or better than factory and stiffer than any after market stiffening kit. What it really comes down to is what it's worth to you, not some insurance co claim-adjusting monkey. The ins co is going to split hairs. Get some quotes from reputable shops and make an informed decision. Talk to your local community college auto lab to add a level of depth - your truck could be a candidate for them which could equal free labor, and in some cases greatly discounted parts.

Good to you. Beautiful rig, btw, if a little bruised.

I don't think Magic eraser can fix that. An ARB with a little wraparound might have helped.

White compound first and a little elbow grease.

This is the plan I'm conjuring up, skill set might not be perfect, but if I can plow through it, it's probably the best outcome.

Shouldn't be that hard plus it looks like you have some experience plowing through things......

Everything up in that area unbolts. Get some parts (hopefully the right color) and slap them on.

Shouldn't be that hard plus it looks like you have some experience plowing through things......

Demolition driver was my oldest son, the shiny rim tahoe got whooped pretty bad.
Everything up in that area unbolts. Get some parts (hopefully the right color) and slap them on.
Thanks for the encouraging insight.

Fk it. Drive it like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom