DEAL ENDED-Great deals on parts through Toyota (March 2022) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, same dealers? Hope to be better prepared for the next one…
It’s a Southeast dealer offering. LOTS of dealers in the southeast that participate ;)

The one I used seemingly had the best prices to begin with and they personally delivered the parts - some the same day. Perks of living in the SE!

I appreciate your insight, thank you for posting. While it exasperates me to think about a $50 to $900 kind of markup, I understand that people and companies do need to make money. If a part costs $50 to manufacture, I am not asking to pay $52.50, but I don't want to pay $900. There has to be something in the middle where jobs can still exist, companies can still make money and the consumer doesn't get absolutely raked over the coals.
Not disagreeing that some or all parts have huge markup. To be clear I'm not in the auto industry so i have no idea what there actual profit per part is, however, there's real costs to the infrastructure that allows toyota to have the part fabricated then stored and inventoried so that when a customer in Toronto/Houston/st. Louis they can efficiently get the part into our hands.

It’s a Southeast dealer offering. LOTS of dealers in the southeast that participate ;)

The one I used seemingly had the best prices to begin with and they personally delivered the parts - some the same day. Perks of living in the SE!
Which dealer do you use?

I had a windshield order canceled. They claim it isn't available. I guess I havent been following the discontinued parts thread closely enough. Or they didn't want to ship it.

I had a windshield order canceled. They claim it isn't available. I guess I havent been following the discontinued parts thread closely enough. Or they didn't want to ship it.
Discontinued

Well, hey—be sure to clue us in when it happens…

Last edited:
So what's up with the frequency of these sales? Someone above posted about them being 2X a year (is that semi-annual or bi-annual? Buehler?)
@OGBeno any idea how often we're going to have an opportunity to get items on sale with free shipping like this?

I checked one of the original web sites listed, the cost of a short block apparently went up to $3600 from $2700?? Has anyone else noticed the prices changing already?

I checked one of the original web sites listed, the cost of a short block apparently went up to $3600 from $2700?? Has anyone else noticed the prices changing already?
Yeah the 25% off part is over with…sorry I just edited the first post to clarify what the deal originally was.

OK, I thought the sale ran through the end of March. Oh well.

I recall seeing the windshield NLA in the discontinued parts thread not too long ago @LN106

Man it is just disgusting how much markup exists in this industry if that is the case. You know darn well Toyota is still not losing money at these prices.
Yes, shame on them for making a product people are willing to pay money for....

Well, hey, people are happy to pay way more for Hermes, LV etc. At least we get something useful…

Seems like dwindling supply of parts brings out the worst in corporations and entrepreneurs alike. Witness the hoarding of original parts supplies for profit by an ever increasing number of internet suppliers. Found a new one today: Rustfarmers 80 Series Early Dash Instrument Panel Cluster Insert - https://www.therustfarmers.com/products/fj80-dash only thing they sell is dash inserts for big bucks. Provides a service for sure but not sure it’s any better than Mr. T selling. Adds another link in the chain that probably costs us all. Capitalism at its finest but we are all victims. Soon enough (like, now) only trust fund babies will be driving Land Cruisers around and we’ll all be driving the next big thing hopefully before it’s a big thing ‘cause we can’t afford the parts…

A lot of people are not willing to pay the exorbitant prices though. Many vehicles hit the scrapyard well before they need to because they become economically infeasible to repair.

So you want the company selling you cars, to price their parts such that they WON'T sell you cars?

"exorbitant prices"... then justifies a 4% APR loan and monthly payments. A bad financial choice is not better than "economically infeasible"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom