DEAL ENDED-Great deals on parts through Toyota (March 2022) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Door weatherstrips all received last week from Marietta Toyota, including a wrong PN that was a mistake on my end. Sucks to pay full pop for the one I f'd up on. Tried ordering that one from Culver City Toyota but got asshat attitude from the parts counter dude. No need for y'all to go there.

No complaints though, good communication from Marietta, installed what I could over the weekend. The 40 is much quieter now.

Got this on email yesterday. May be a chance for another discount.

1650040060857.png

Looks like this might be across the board, I online ordered parts from a different dealer and had the same thing, about 30%-35% off. They were local-ish and tried ordering them for pick up to save on shipping but they can't honor the online price for pick ups... doesn't make a lot of sense but it does.

Marietta seemed to deliver ok but Decatur seems to not be so much. Similar responses in 100 and 200 series forums.

Marietta seemed to deliver ok but Decatur seems to not be so much. Similar responses in 100 and 200 series forums.
Not the most professional response from Decatur. Hope they deliver soon for all of us that ordered from them. I'm closing in on a month since clicking buy (1 of 2 orders delivered).

The only purchase confirmation I got was from... PayPal. No invoice. Nothing documented from Decatur.

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 4.00.55 PM.png

Not the most professional response from Decatur. Hope they deliver soon for all of us that ordered from them. I'm closing in on a month since clicking buy (1 of 2 orders delivered).

The only purchase confirmation I got was from... PayPal. No invoice. Nothing documented from Decatur.

View attachment 2984765
Sounds reasonable to me.

View attachment 2984765
Eric from Decatur runs the internet department. Customer service via written words are not his strong suit.

“Taking advantage of a sale” doesn’t absolve anyone in the customer service business to be terse or borderline unprofessional. On the other hand, I suppose since I’ve spoken to him on a few occasions and have several emails between us, I can confidently say he is blunt and probably not a real life arsehole. Still not excusing his lack of professionalism.

Eric from Decatur runs the internet department. Customer service via written words are not his strong suit.

“Taking advantage of a sale” doesn’t absolve anyone in the customer service business to be terse or borderline unprofessional. On the other hand, I suppose since I’ve spoken to him on a few occasions and have several emails between us, I can confidently say he is blunt and probably not a real life arsehole. Still not excusing his lack of professionalism.

FMC! Many thanks for the background brotha. I'll call Decatur next week.

Reading it in this context changes my point of view, and is not a good tone. I agree if this is the intention.

I had read it as "participating in a sale", and that they are just behind. Not, in the negative context.

Reading it in this context changes my point of view, and is not a good tone. I agree if this is the intention.

I had read it as "participating in a sale", and that they are just behind. Not, in the negative context.
I think we agree. I didn’t read it negatively, rather the response is excusing the lack of customer service or communication or delays only because the customer participated in “the largest sale”. I think a bit of grace from the customer is warranted but those in the customer service industry know that communication goes a long way. Sometimes the right choice of words can convey different meanings when read from different perspectives.

Like I stated, I don’t think those dudes at Decatur were being curt, I think they’re just staying the obvious and could’ve simply said, “we’re doing the best we can and processing the enormous amount of orders in the order we received them. We expect to get to yours next XXX”.

I think I’m going to apply to be a Toyota parts dude when I retire from the military.

FWIW I asked my local dealer (who's in the Southeast Toyota Distributors group: AL, GA, NC, SC, FL) if they had a sale, nope. But then Georgia dealers are also in SET, so does anyone know why some dealerships had the sale and others didn't??

I was tempted to buy/stash a MAF. If I had a big garage, it would’ve been comical to purchase new front and rear axles for safe keeping. OEM birfs and tie rods are nice. New front oak carpet. Front and rear drive shafts.

But the one part I want most of all for my current 80 is a new transmission to grow old with my 950 miles young 100% OEM 1FZ-FE and 2b delivered 100% OEM manifolds to exhaust tip purchase. Too bad even the reman units went NLA a couple of years ago.

That was fun. I wonder if they’ll do it again any time soon. Hope y’all enjoyed Xmas early. 👊🏼

P.S. Thanks to @subzali for offering up the crack pipe
You know about Wholesale Automatics, right?
(If you've heard of the "Rodney Flush"...this would be that Rodney.)

Last edited:
Anyone know if this whole supersale thing is SE only, or do other regions do it as well?

I think I’m going to apply to be a Toyota parts dude when I retire from the military.
Didn't know you were in the service. Thank you for your service and congratulations on your career! From 2012-2020 I served in the US Army Reserves. Never went anywhere but glad I was able to get my Corporal stripes and qualify with a perfect 40/40 on the M-16. Still ruck and camp a lot. Loved being in the field. Cheers 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom