Dakota Digital Custom Cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a hotrod shop, we use these gauges all the time. I was actually looking into this.. looks like you beat me to it. They are great gauges, great company. Just very busy right now.

You can pretty much show any parameter you want on the digital display using add on modules/senders. It would be nice to get a boost gauge needle on there.. maybe you can ask them to make a supplementary gauge pod with a couple extra gauges to add somewhere else on the dash - similar to what they do for 1st gen Camaro RS vs non-RS - the RS has a console mounted gauge pack at additional charge.

Anyone doing any swap in an 80 would be a fool to not use these. Solves so many problems, looks great, very functional, plug n play.

I have a hotrod shop, we use these gauges all the time. I was actually looking into this.. looks like you beat me to it. They are great gauges, great company. Just very busy right now.

You can pretty much show any parameter you want on the digital display using add on modules/senders. It would be nice to get a boost gauge needle on there.. maybe you can ask them to make a supplementary gauge pod with a couple extra gauges to add somewhere else on the dash - similar to what they do for 1st gen Camaro RS vs non-RS - the RS has a console mounted gauge pack at additional charge.

Anyone doing any swap in an 80 would be a fool to not use these. Solves so many problems, looks great, very functional, plug n play.
Interested to see if they can easily modify this template for small readout changes per customer.

I am guessing the Mid East models don't have the Airbag and ABS annunciators over to the bottom left. For North American (NA)models they would need to be added unless they are now in the digital screens
It depends on the car. Toyota's offering to GCC market is large. You can get LX spec'd Land Cruisers with all the bells and whistles. The vehicles I tend to look for are usually close to bare bones as possible.

This cluster will go in a GX trim 80 series. Has no airbags and no ABS.

If you order this cluster from them, you can have it with ABS and airbags if you need them.

Dakota needs no introduction, their instruments are amazing! specially their HDX and RTX line. I'm happy they took this project on. It's just too bad I have to wait till April next year.

Interested to see if they can easily modify this template for small readout changes per customer.

You'll need to ask them on that. I did have to send them a factory cluster so they can get measurements out of it. It looks like the new one will retain the old white backside of the original cluster. And from their illustrations, it looks like the layout need to stay within this design. It could be because I asked them to stick to a stock-ish looking cluster. But I'm sure they can answer this question if you ask them.

I’ll also add this; Dakota Digital can add or alter any of the silkscreened elements on their gauge faces and re-calibrate the needles, upon request. For example, I sent my HDX gauge back when I converted to a diesel to change the 8000 RPM red line to a 4000 RPM range. It was not terribly expensive to do so either. I highly recommend the company!

I’ll also add this; Dakota Digital can add or alter any of the silkscreened elements on their gauge faces and re-calibrate the needles, upon request. For example, I sent my HDX gauge back when I converted to a diesel to change the 8000 RPM red line to a 4000 RPM range. It was not terribly expensive to do so either. I highly recommend the company!

Yup, same thing on the HDJ45 we are building. An 8k tach seemed dumb on a HDJ45 with a 4k redline.

Cheers

So OP, and whoever else has actual knowledge on this. School me on the advantages. Is it just to make the guard match, or is it also ease of mating up tach and all the other stuff with a swap? I’m trying to see what this would entail as I hopefully embark on mine soon.

So OP, and whoever else has actual knowledge on this. School me on the advantages. Is it just to make the guard match, or is it also ease of mating up tach and all the other stuff with a swap? I’m trying to see what this would entail as I hopefully embark on mine soon.

In my opinion, these are all about swaps. Maybe some people want to run them with the 1FZFE but I don’t see the point unless you have a turbo or super charger.

Cheers

In my opinion, these are all about swaps. Maybe some people want to run them with the 1FZFE but I don’t see the point unless you have a turbo or super charger.

Cheers
I like it. I’ll have to keep this in the que

It would be nice to see the actual analog gauges as well if any way to get them as they advance, already lots of feedback. I assume the posts of the gauges are the design stage not actual and post #9 is just a small shot of the gauges, not sure why not a full view. That alone would be worth the upgrade over the OEM. I assume more accurate gauges and if worth the time swap it when the 1fzfe is on its way out and the new motor on the way in to get ahead on the swap and a better understanding of the wiring.
I would be in 100% if it matters to DD. It's certainly drawing some interest. Definitely very cool if it comes about. I would even pre order.

Besides the cosmetics and looks, you get precision instrumentation that is a lot more accurate and customizable. You can customize the backlighting on the spot you can view the instruments with small TFT digital screen below. To me, it just makes the truck a little more modern without going crazy with electronics and screens. It will make my FTE swap easier. This cluster with a 3UR-FE would also be sweet. May consider it for a future swap.

It would be nice to see the actual analog gauges as well if any way to get them as they advance, already lots of feedback. I assume the posts of the gauges are the design stage not actual and post #9 is just a small shot of the gauges, not sure why not a full view. That alone would be worth the upgrade over the OEM. I assume more accurate gauges and if worth the time swap it when the 1fzfe is on its way out and the new motor on the way in to get ahead on the swap and a better understanding of the wiring.
I would be in 100% if it matters to DD. It's certainly drawing some interest. Definitely very cool if it comes about. I would even pre order.

Exactly, this is all just designs of what they will build for me. They just completed a Jeep TJ cluster for me and it looks great.

I will post pics of when it arrives.

Here are another design for a Jeep TJ that they made for me a while back. This one is almost ready to be delivered. Should be getting the actual pics any day now.

This TJ has an L92. So I can get rid of the Jeep PCM and run the GM ECM alone. Makes it a lot easier and cleaner for a swap.

Custom 06 Wrangler - 4WD Indicators 1 - Bold.jpg

image001 (2).png

Can you shut the panel off completely at night, like we can with our stock panels?

How much are these units?

Benefits are you have accurate and precise gauges now. No normalizes needles. When temp goes up 15 deg, it moves accordingly. All parameters can be displayed digitally. You can program low oil pressure and high coolant temp warnings to whatever number you want though your phone via BT.

Most beneficial for swaps but not unreasonable for a modern clean cluster for a stock powertrain rig.

must systems go doe 1300 or so. But since this is custom it will be more.. unless DD decides to make it normal production. We paid about 2200 for a custom set in the past. It varies.

Can you shut the panel off completely at night, like we can with our stock panels?

The cluster comes with a physical dimmer. I'm sure the factory one can be reused to make it look original. I'm not sure how far it can dim. Maybe all the way off. But I'm not sure.

How much are these units?

Around 2200

Those DD clusters are really cool. I'm involved with an open source instrumentation project that has some overlap with what DD is doing. I think this new direction- The ability to conform your instrumentation to your vehicle and your likes- is going to be a bigger and bigger deal as time goes by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom