Current solution: Rear Heater Bypass? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I removed the tee on the firewall, ran a straight hose past it and used a bspt pipe plug on the drivers side port on the motor.

As clean as I could make it. All found via stuff searched on here.

Use this thread as a guide. Very simple to bypass it, but the oem bits are nla. I'll scrounge around and see if I can find anything for the water hose from lower hardline to heater core on firewall.

I've read that thread... I'm sure I can work it out once I'm in there but I thought maybe there was some "use this" info to same some figgerin' and cypherin'....

A little busy at work but I think this may be it?

I would need to sit down with a diagram and in front of my truck to be sure. It's been awhile since I researched it.

87246A in the below diagram matches the one I found on eBay from Australia.

I've seen their shipping costs for small axle tools such as the 54mm socket or the rear FZJ80 three pinned spanner socket. They weren't crazy.

I am looking for whatever is needed to bypass the rear heater... the plug info is posted out there, the hose seems to be the issue... (it it correct that this is just a hose + plug solution?
I guess another solution is just to loop the out & back hoses that run to the rear heater together...

If you are just looking to bypass the rear heater, just get a U shaped heater hose from NAPA or gates and hook the two hard lines together under the car where they go into the heater. Gates makes a lot of various angled hoses that are cut to fit. That is what I used for the hoses that where NLA.

Well I DO want to eliminate as much of the rear heater system as possible - the idea is to get rid of an unused item and minimize potential problems with leaks. I'd like to keep the bypass as close tot he source as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom