Current solution: Rear Heater Bypass? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good plan with the donuts.

Another tough one is trying to buy anything pipe thread related. Since it's not a car part they get all out of sorts. Even more so when I say I am not quite sure the size I need... I need to compare them and look at the sizes to see what I need... lol

Well, I ordered one of these 1/2" NPT SS barbs to see how it works. Could be BSPT, but I held the Union pictured above next to a known 1/2" NPT and it looked identical, but we'll see -- As for the hose, I'll prolly just use straight hose if I can't find a comparable molded for the NLA OE hose.

@Spike Strip - you ever get around to this? Wondering if the 1/2" NPT to 5/8" barb connection worked on the head side. Or if I should be proper and order 1/2" BSPT to 5/8" barb... which means an extra $10 and another week to deliver it.

No. Didn't work. Ad says 'tapered thread' but it's not tapered thread and only screwed into the head a couple of turns and I wasn't comfortable with that. Seller wouldn't take back and swore it was tapered thread. Neg feedback.

Used this, from from @ToyotaMatt

1582337196765.png

No. Didn't work. Ad says 'tapered thread' but it's not tapered thread and only screwed into the head a couple of turns and I wasn't comfortable with that. Seller wouldn't take back and swore it was tapered thread. Neg feedback.

Used this, from from @ToyotaMatt

Well, that sounds frustrating and irritating and not even cheap.

Leave it to Toyota Matt to have a slick solution that is actually Toyota!

Maybe trying to overcomplicate.....take the fitting off and go to Napa and have them match it with a barb fitting. Also take a section of hose with you and have them cut it long. No need to find any with a bend....see pics. Removed my heater before the new carpet. Don't forget to order some plugs for the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom