cult45's 45 recovery and remobilisation (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent a couple good hours today. And a couple bad.

Fixed a problem I'd had for a long time, and that was the battery. One of the terminal screws was hard up against the floor of the tray and wasn't good. Plus I couldn't gain access to them in case I needed a jump!

Pulled it all down, cut, cleaned, rejigged etc.

IMG_8895.JPG

Also added this blind terminal and a bolt through the chassis rail as a -ve post. So when it's time to jump you just hook the +ve clip onto the blind terminal and the -ve one onto the post on the chassis rail and by rights it should be good. Luckily the parts store helped me out by 'testing' their crimping tool!

IMG_8896.JPG

I spliced in the USB power cable to the main power cable and.. it worked! Those 3M Scotchlok's are the bomb!

Also reattached a dropped wire off the headlight switch.

Also built this bad boy. I copied off a few lads on here, but incorporated a few changes of my own. This is a prototype and will be tested in the coming weeks. It's basically 7mm ply cut to fit around stuff.

IMG_8898.JPG

I couldn't make it work in a single piece so I had to attached it to the rearview. It still could use a little more height [bow?] so I've slid a couple pieces of ply on top just for now.

IMG_8899.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG

IMG_8901.JPG

That's an old computer hardware bracket and needs to be trimmed. In the coming months there'll be rust repair and Dynamat, so when it's time for the cab spruce up I'll address the aesthetics, but in the mean time I'll call it good.

Made a movie. Looks alright.

Very very cool. The father son relationship is a complicated, powerful thing.

Fantastic mate

Dan, I kid you not, my 1H was about to get pulled as I was working out a deal for an FJ60 drivetrain. You inspired me to get her running again today. She lives again, thanks for that! Beautiful movie.

Here she sits as of today. Running fine.
IMG_4673.JPG

Last edited:
WOW !!!!
Nice movie , my son think you are Mel Gibson ..... i said yes Mel only dirve Toyota !

Very powerful thnx !!!!
Haha not even close! But okay!

Dan, I kid you not, my 1H was about to get pulled as I was working out a deal for an FJ60 drivetrain. You inspired me to get her running again today. She lives again, thanks for that! Beautiful movie.

Here she sits as of today. Running fine.
View attachment 1441690
For real?? Wow man, that's so good! It's funny, my company, Freeway One Entertainment, it's motto is To Entertain, To Inspire. After hearing about your decision and some other responses here on Mud a man can sit back quietly and reckon he might be on track to leaving this world a little better than he found it.

Hey Cult, That was great. I've just watched it for a second time. Have you thought about sending a copy to the marketing department at Toyota?

That's a pretty good idea you know...........

Saw the movie on Facebook TLCA page a few days back... finally getting around to hitting MUD and saying "Flippin' amazing!" Loved the film. The cruisers were obviously a draw, but I love how so much is said with so little dialogue. Great short film man. Quality stuff. Keep at it!

Hey Cult, That was great. I've just watched it for a second time. Have you thought about sending a copy to the marketing department at Toyota?
The fella from Black Toyota has made some initial contact for me, so we'll see..

That's a pretty good idea you know...........
I should just walk in the door of Toyota HQ with a DVD, toss it on the CEO's desk, point to his PC and say 'Tho at sumbitch in ayer!'

Saw the movie on Facebook TLCA page a few days back... finally getting around to hitting MUD and saying "Flippin' amazing!" Loved the film. The cruisers were obviously a draw, but I love how so much is said with so little dialogue. Great short film man. Quality stuff. Keep at it!
Thanks Honger! I'm really stoked at the feedback from even on cruiser folk. People ended up sharing it by themselves, which tells me we did good. 17k views in 14 days! Cop that! :D

Just got back from a location scout in the 45. 3000km/1800 mi. round trip and stopping every time I saw a neat road or an interesting background. Was up at 0200 most days. Just couldn't sleep. Route was Sydney to Megalong Valley, Lithgow, stayed the night in the ute at Running Stream with a knife and a maglite in hand, then Mudgee, Dunedoo, Coonabarabran, Narrabri, Mt. Kaputar, stayed the night in Narrabri, Walgett, Bourke, Louth, Tilpa and home again via Gunnedah and Capertee Valley - which is the second largest canyon on earth. Yoga mat insulation kept me sane! Out of all that I dropped an exhaust off the header outside of Gunnedah on a Sunday of all days and the dizzy module died at the service station at Rylstone, where the owner HAD ONE ON HAND. The odds are literally 1b:1. Got so many locations locked and so many country folk on board to help out a few lads try and make a movie. Few snaps:

Rain in Lithgow.
IMG_9006.JPG

Capertee Valley Canyon.
IMG_9008.JPG

The drinking hole at Dunedoo where the local copper, upon being asked about filming permits, told us to 'just do it' haha.
IMG_9020.JPG

Mt. Kaputar. The view from the top allegedly takes in 10% of all of NSW. Which is the same as seeing 12% of Texas.
IMG_9032.JPG

Just another potential location..
IMG_9058.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom