cult45's 45 recovery and remobilisation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Right. Went down the to truck today. Spent 2 mins installing new parts. Helped some but not all. Took it for a test drive. It ran decently, but not amazing and still had that damn rough idle. Stopped, gassed up, adjusted things based on google search parameters and test drove again. Starting to think I've got a stuck valve or even a burnt one or many. Drove to the parts shop to buy a plug socket and pulled them on the footpath. Dirty, but not filthy. Bought eight new plugs and threw them in. Also retarded my timing a little as the engine as pinging. Hit the key and it fired right up. I didn't notice if it idled well as I was too busy pouring vaporised carby cleaner down those barrels in the hopes of de-gumming/loosing any s***e that was present. 4500rpm outside a parts shop with shorty headers sure is fun. The parts shop kid was a mechanic, he said he saw a heap of s***e come out the exhaust. But he did get excited over a snail that cruised past, so. Brought the idle speed back down [used to compensate for the wavering idle, then called it good. It runs like a champ now. The new coil/cap/rotor/plugs sure did wake it up a notch. The coil/cap and rotor were the only things I didn't do to that motor, and as they were OEM there's a good chance they had been plugging away since 1981. Anyway, sorted for now.

Part of me thinks that the degrading dizzy/rotor/coil gave me a weak spark, which in turn neglected to burn all the fuel, which in turn fouled the plugs, which in turn gave a weaker spark, which in turn neglected to burn all the fuel.. etc.. until it gave up on me.

If it runs for more than 2000km on those plugs, I'll go ahead and assume that's the reason. If not, back to google..

IMG_7647.jpg

Ute sounds good mate

Hey mate, you should have gotten that Sheila from the poster to do your video.

Thanks @chappohj47 haha yeah I was stoked with it. @76 FJ40 I tried, but I woulda got 'gatored if ya know what I mean ;)

Wrapped production on a short I wrote, produced, directed and acted in on the weekend starring @sneaky's 45. Also, one the largest dealer groups in Queensland [Australia?] Black Toyota, lent me a near new VDJ79 no questions asked. The 1VD hauls ass! Here's a sneak peek!

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 10.35.11 AM.png

Wrapped production on a short I wrote, produced, directed and acted in on the weekend starring @sneaky's 45. Also, one the largest dealer groups in Queensland [Australia?] Black Toyota, lent me a near new VDJ79 no questions asked. The 1VD hauls ass! Here's a sneak peek!

View attachment 1368930

You're gonna post a link when the whole video is available... right?

You're gonna post a link when the whole video is available... right?
I'm hoping to monetise the short film to pay for the feature, and that may come with broadcast restrictions. So it all depends. I'd certainly love to.

I'm hoping to monetise the short film to pay for the feature, and that may come with broadcast restrictions. So it all depends. I'd certainly love to.

Good luck to you on your acting/film efforts man. I watched some of your other vids including your first Grind vid... I admire you jumping ship from "comfort" to pursue the fire inside.

FWIW, based on your "how to" videos and the Land Crusier content I'd pay a few bucks to watch. =)

Good luck to you on your acting/film efforts man. I watched some of your other vids including your first Grind vid... I admire you jumping ship from "comfort" to pursue the fire inside.

FWIW, based on your "how to" videos and the Land Crusier content I'd pay a few bucks to watch. =)
Thanks man. I'm in two minds about The Grind. The production value is low, but at the same time it's as real as it gets.

As for the how-to stuff, I've got to find another topic to do that requires a 45 :D

As for the how-to stuff, I've got to find another topic to do that requires a 45 :D

Towing a trailer...
Securing a load...
Off-road driving basics... (engaging 4-wheel drive, deflating tires, etc.)
Making a water-crossing...

G'day Cult, I concur with Honger. It takes real courage to pursue creative passions such as film making. You put yourself on the line every time. I'm looking forward to seeing the short. Cheers, Ben

Towing a trailer...
Securing a load...
Off-road driving basics... (engaging 4-wheel drive, deflating tires, etc.)
Making a water-crossing...

Interesting..
The production value for towing a trailer, water crossings and 4WD-ing is bigger than most. Securing a load could be good. For the next few weeks I'm neck deep in writing the feature. Have to back-burn the how-to's :)

G'day Cult, I concur with Honger. It takes real courage to pursue creative passions such as film making. You put yourself on the line every time. I'm looking forward to seeing the short. Cheers, Ben

Thanks Ben!

All good cult home most weekends but if a big one goes over maybe not ring before arrival so can confirm. Looking forward to having a few with you mate:beer:.

All good cult home most weekends but if a big one goes over maybe not ring before arrival so can confirm. Looking forward to having a few with you mate:beer:.
Haha I meant have a gander at your thread. But the missus folks live at South West Rocks, so if we're ever up that way I'll try organise a visit. Still got ya number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom