cult45's 45 recovery and remobilisation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry thought you meant calling in when your going back to brisvagas how you finding Sydney mate.
Not too bad! The only complaint is the lack of garage space. Had to change u-bolts yesterday in the wash bay of a mates apartment..

Here's looking at you, cad..

IMG_8292.jpg
IMG_8293.jpg
IMG_8294.jpg
IMG_8295.jpg

IMG_8296.jpg
IMG_8297.jpg

And the workshop for the day. Tell you what, I did some sumbitchin out there in that there sun. Hell, and some tho'in.

IMG_8291.jpg

How come you changed your u bolts? Just wanted more CAD ;)
Haha yeah, there was a cad revolution sweeping these pages a few months back. No, in all seriousness, the ones I removed were probably stock, and as these things stretch..
First drive impressions were a distinct more stable feel, especially at higher speeds. Something I'd hoped for.

Haha yeah, there was a cad revolution sweeping these pages a few months back. No, in all seriousness, the ones I removed were probably stock, and as these things stretch..
First drive impressions were a distinct more stable feel, especially at higher speeds. Something I'd hoped for.

I know they are designed to stretch when you torque them to spec and if you remove them your not mention to reuse them, but I have at times.

Yea that tighter feel is always good, I think when I am done the only part of my 45's running gear that will be the same will be the rear half of the rear driveshaft. All the rest will be "new".

I know they are designed to stretch when you torque them to spec and if you remove them your not mention to reuse them, but I have at times.

Yeah I also put badly pitted pins back in during my 'build'. So I kinda did it all at once. Just waiting on the shop to send me the correct rear shackles so I can put them in. One job..

NYE! Dayam! What's happened? Lots. Mostly screenwriting.

Got my rear shackles in.

Saw this abomination. It's a GM Holden Commodore on some kinda chassis. Probably still a damn six though. Christ.

IMG_8365.JPG

IMG_8366.JPG

Discovered I was dating Natalie Portman.

IMG_8571.JPG

Installed a door-limiting rod so Natalie didn't move the damn mirror every time she opened the door! FFS. That's a small-eye shackle pin rubber too. Fit's perfectly and you can cut to size.

IMG_8725.JPG

Dropped Nat at the airport and caught a nice snap. Over 100 likes on Facey! Makes a fella feel validated, y'know?

IMG_8733.JPG

A fella I know who skins a few cats got me onto these Selectro hubs [Power Train version], or is it Power Train hubs? Either way they're period and they look the biz and will do a lot better than the woeful pair that were on there.

IMG_8876.jpg

IMG_8877.jpg

Also installed these two brand new, OEM, genuine, OEM, brand new, genuine, OEM visors! Don't judge my hoodlining!

IMG_8881.jpg

Installed this here handy USB charging device for smart phones and dumb drivers. Correction: almost installed this here USB device. Need to splice into the main power wire.

IMG_8883.JPG

Oh and repaired this here cheap pine box that holds a bunch of gear. Six quarts of PVA and 4700 screws later..

IMG_8887.JPG

Also trimmed and tightened the new u-bolts, checked all the shackle and pin bolts, did an oil change, cleaned out the tray, got some quotes for rust repair, bought a heap of Dynamat and yoga mats..

Seeya in six months!

People like macking their own Holden overlanders still. Love that photo mate

So cool in oz can't wait to visit. Landcruisers all over the place.
Yeah man! Not so much in Sydney and Melbourne, but in the towns they're everywhere. I remember growing up in FNQ and once I saw like 12 HJ/HZJ75's in I think 15 car spaces haha.

Now that's a right full day of sumbitchin I reckon

I used my Oz accent when I typed that. Straya!
Warning: Graphic Language Ahead.

So it was like Neow thats a roight fuww day'a sumbitchun I reaouk'n
Lol that's a woeful translation to text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom