cult45's 45 recovery and remobilisation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dawn at Burren Junction.
IMG_9065.JPG

IMG_9066.JPG

This sad SIII Land Rover.
IMG_9069.JPG

The highway coming into Bourke. This joker was grazing a hundred head right on the national highway, all traffic down to 5kmh.
IMG_9071.JPG

This sign is a bit infamous as from here [5km west of Bourke] civilisation kinda ends. Very little tarmac, all corrugations, cattle grids and towns of single digit population. And if there's even just a few raindrops you're stuck.
IMG_9078.JPG

Hit the red stuff outside of Bourke.
IMG_9085.JPG

IMG_9086.JPG

Then a bit of black and tan.
IMG_9089.JPG

Shindy's Inn at Louth. A fella in a Nissan turned up and started pulling apart his front end. Apparently he dropped a brake calliper a few miles back.
IMG_9106.JPG

The Louth airport. Where all the jumbo's land :D
IMG_9112.JPG

Then another hundred kays and I was in Tilpa, pop. 7. Great place! Loved it!
IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_9134.JPG

Hot showers, a furry mate, air-con and cold beer. It's all a man needs.
IMG_9144.JPG

IMG_9154.JPG

The airport. Pretty flash for a population of seven.
IMG_9167.JPG

I've got hundreds more pics but they're all kinda similar, so I'll leave it at that. Was a good run! Think I'm deaf!

Sounds like a great trip Dan! Beautiful country!!
Thanks mate! Was great! But tiring by the end. In a fully rebuilt 45 with a meandering pace one could travel for months on end, but working to a deadline in a hack job half build just wears a man down.

Well done cult on the trip and video. Next time you come up the hwy call in a get that 1980 4 speed gearbox. Time to clean out the shed. :)

Well done cult on the trip and video. Next time you come up the hwy call in a get that 1980 4 speed gearbox. Time to clean out the shed. :)
Thanks oz! How's the 75/12H-T going? You know my missus' folks live in SW Rocks? Which means I'll be in the area from time to time in the coming years. Curious about the box, is it a one-piece case or a split case?

The 75 is going great no problems since I put her on the road not sure on the 4 speed box let me check. How did the sale go with your 70 did it go over the pond or still in OZ.

The 75 is going great no problems since I put her on the road not sure on the 4 speed box let me check. How did the sale go with your 70 did it go over the pond or still in OZ.
Sold to a bloke in SA who has since racked up fines. Need to contact DOT today.

nice trip mate, 40's do look at home in this country sorry. no 2 ways about it.

also, the poor bloke that has racked up the fines..... i reckon it's the single biggest problem with AUS, the amount of speed camera's. stupid. (haven't got one yet, i don't intend to either. speed and go sideways in more discreet locations).

i'll take my 40 on a trip one day, to see and do more with the country, pity i don't get paid for it eh?

Nice build @cult45! The trip photos finish it off well
Thanks WB! Thanks for reading mate!

nice trip mate, 40's do look at home in this country sorry. no 2 ways about it.

also, the poor bloke that has racked up the fines..... i reckon it's the single biggest problem with AUS, the amount of speed camera's. stupid. (haven't got one yet, i don't intend to either. speed and go sideways in more discreet locations).

i'll take my 40 on a trip one day, to see and do more with the country, pity i don't get paid for it eh?

Hey mate, I'm not paid yet. Saved for years to make this movie lol. The next one however..

I've got hundreds more pics but they're all kinda similar, so I'll leave it at that. Was a good run! Think I'm deaf!
Honestly... I'd be happy with plenty more pics. =)
Love this little journey. Your Cruiser just fits out there...

Honestly... I'd be happy with plenty more pics. =)
Love this little journey. Your Cruiser just fits out there...
Thanks Honger :D

Been so dang busy with the film [entitled The Pitch] that I've had very little time for wrenching. I did manage however to secure some sponsorship from Terrain Tamer > www.terraintamer.com/en who've generously supplied springs, shocks, bushes, a steering dampener and a H41 rebuild kit. A mate and I did the suspension and a wiser, more handsome cruiser man than I has been busy rebuilding the box. It's now awaiting me in the depot, ready for installation. Thank you Mr. Skinner @catskinner!

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

Upgraded to 60 series u-bolt plates whilst I was there. I've also had the cab fully rust repaired. I then dynamatted it, then yoga matted it, then OEM-matted it. It's now bearable! No pics sorry.

The 45 and I were also hired for a day's work on Secret Daughter, alongside David Field aka Acco from Two Hands. He asked about my engine block, I think he had his eye on it for job he had coming up ;)

Also some lighting tests with @sneaky's 45. And sourcing cars for The Pitch as well, like the HK Monaro w/434 and T56 pictured and a 1965 Corvette w/327 and Muncie.

IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_9884.JPG
IMG_9992.jpg

Gonna have to farm out the gearbox swap to a mechanic I've made friends with as I've no time. We roll camera on August 1st! s***'s getting real! Farkkk! Have also borrowed a HJ47 troopy for the shoot. That's pretty much it. Back in six weeks!

~ Dan

Oh wait.
We signed Andy McPhee to play my Dad: Andy McPhee - IMDb
Benita Collings to play my elderly neighbour: Benita Collings - IMDb
..and I'm off to meet a fella that was in the Matrix sequels.

FB page here: The Pitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom