Cruising the Parkway Sept. 30th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fun run

Lynn and I are in. We love this ride.
A few years ago it was so foggy at the Inn you couldn't
see across the parking lot. LOL...try following an old 40's
taillights when it's pea soup thick fog at midday. It ain't
easy but it was fun.
See ya'll there.

Update: JP had mentioned to me that he had heard a rumor that the section of the Blue Ridge Parkway we are planning on driving had a rock slide. I have confirmed this is not true there are two rock slides currently. One near Maggie Valley and the other in Blowing Rock. So we are good to go.

I'm going to try and make it. I have a new girlfriend and the only reason I mention this is bc she likes cruisers and she likes to offroad!!!! :D I told her about the club and she wants to go to some club functions and she might even get her own cruiser. So yeh for me!

Oh and I got a puppy black too. Things are looking up!

Does she have a wealthy sister? :)

Okay here is the schedule.

Those who want to meet at Alans place to convoy up 276 through Brevard and up to Pisgah need to be at Alans house at 10am We will leave shortly from there.
We will all be converging on Pisgah Inn this Sat around 11:30. We will try to have most everybody sit down by 12. It may be single tables or a couple big ones. Once done eating we will travel the Blue Ridge Parkway up to Mt Mitchell. There are lots of things to do while up there. Then we will disperse from there. Hopefully we can all convoy back on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Map to Pisgah Inn.
http://www.pisgahinn.com/map_to_pisgah_inn.htm

For those who want to meet at Alans house off hwy 11 and hwy 276 you can call me and I will get you there.
Marshall 864-414-0563

Please remember there will be a varying degree of weather. Bring some extra things to wear at the higher elevations.

Please remember there will be a varying degree of weather. Bring some extra things to wear at the higher elevations.

Good call on the weather Marshall, looks like you guys will be ranging for the 50's at Mt Pisgah to the 40's on top of Mount Mitchell.......... I am so jealous

I have reserved one of the Picnic shelters at Mt Mitchell. They accommodate around 20 people. The one we have has a great view. It also has a fireplace for us all to get in from and weather that might be at the top of the mountain. Here we can hang out until till 6 0r 7 if we so decide. It was only 25$ and is my treat for the club.

weather for Sat looks good. Bring a jacket.

Saturday:
High Low
69°F 48°F

Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

Current weather on the mountain.

screenID001.gif

weather for Sat looks good. Bring a jacket.

Saturday:
High Low
69°F 48°F

Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

hehe that is funny...........

Hi: 53 Lo: 34

A frosty morning, then pleasant; Partly cloudy; Classic Fall Football Weather; SW wind 5-15 mph

that is the forecast for beach mountain elevation 5200....... so take a few degrees off for mount mitchell and and a few for pisgah :cheers:

if you ever want accurate forecasting for the high elevations check here:http://www.averyweather.com/Forecast/Beech+Mountain

That is the best forecast for the higher elevations, guy is a proffessor of meteorology at ASU........

What I posted was the forcast Brevard Pisgah. I'm thinking a little colder than that on the parkway. It might be 53 on top of MT Mitchell but not during the drive up to it. 63 is about right for temps on the parkway.

The high today at Mt Mitchell was 55. The forcast for the surronding areas is the same today as it will be Sat. So 53 is not far off.

In any event it really won't matter because will will have a fire roaring in the shelter. Plus my secret giveaways.

you know I just have to give you a hard time :D

but seriously Rays weather, is the best for the mountains........... trust me I am a weather nerd :D...

You guys ought to have a blast, I wish I was going to be there!!!

Looks a little chilly up on top of the mountain this morning........they had a trace of snow last night, should be nicer tomorrow though, it is a shame you guys are going to miss the really fun weather :cheers:

Had a blast! Awesome weather. Just got back. Leaves were changing in the higher elevations. Cruiser did great. Becca had a good time. Food at Pisgah Inn was really good. The picnic shelter was very nice. Thanks everyone who came. Couldn't have picked a better day.

PS: JP the temp on the parkway was around the mid 60's. The temp at the top of Mt Mitchell was in the mid 50's while we were there. So your forcast there sir was off.

Had a blast! Awesome weather. Just got back. Leaves were changing in the higher elevations. Cruiser did great. Becca had a good time. Food at Pisgah Inn was really good. The picnic shelter was very nice. Thanks everyone who came. Couldn't have picked a better day.

PS: JP the temp on the parkway was around the mid 60's. The temp at the top of Mt Mitchell was in the mid 50's while we were there. So your forcast there sir was off.

glad to hear you guys had a good time!!! Now post up some pics :D

......... and marshall thank you for pointing out my inability to forecast :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom