Cruising the Parkway Sept. 30th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser

Supporting Vendor
Threads
We all know what a treat the Blue Ridge mountains are in the fall............ The rainbow of colors, cool crisp mountain air, and deep blue skys :D So to take advantage of this wonderful time of year we have planned a Cruiser take over of the most famous road in the America, The Blue Ridge Parkway!

On Saturday September 30th we will be cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway, we will begin our trip with a wonderful lunch at the famous Pisgah Inn and we will head north from there via the Parkway to the highest point east of the Mississippi to the 6,684 ft. pinnacle of Mount Mitchell. Along the way there are many great places to stop the Folk Arts Center, Craggy Gardens, and endless pull offs with amazing views. It should be a wonderful easy going day so that we can enjoy the beautiful mountain splendor and fellow cruiser heads :cheers:

we will post up exact meeting times and places as the event draws near.

Please mark your calendars for this day trip it will be one not to be missed !!
Hope to see you all there :D

Your events Coordinator
JP

Hard40 said:
Great Post John Paul! Sounds like fun.

this would be an ideal trip for the purty dune biege cruiser you've been hiding in your shop :D

Sounds like fun! Will be there with fishing gear in tow!

Good opportunity to cruiser home past that 25 and see if the owner is ready to sell... :D

cruiser4life said:
Good opportunity to cruiser home past that 25 and see if the owner is ready to sell... :D

I hate you :crybaby: can I come and atleast look at it :D

Sure, you can take it for a spin if I can convince farmer Brown to let me take it off his hands!

It's all about divide and conquer - I'd say our club is up there as far as variety and coolest rigs. Go find that FJ45LV you've been looking for and we'll be even better off!! :D

cool man I hope you can convince him to sell, all I have to say is I have first dibs :D

the LV might be a little while, the folks went over budget a little on the mountain house :eek:; but there will be a LV in the future

Now were talking!!!! Not even Eastcoast pinstriping on this one! I will bring my 40!

well this is looking to be a good ride!!! I have to give marshall all the credit for this one, this is his baby.........

I am guessing we need to offer more events like this in the future, sorry if I get to hardcore minded sometime guys :grinpimp:

tooooooo far for me :)

sounds fun... ill see if marya wants to go. ive always wanted to get up to the mt mitchell area.

I posted a link on the ONSC board, may get some interest from us northern guys. Hell, I may even be able to make this one.

Turkeypen said:
Now were talking!!!! Not even Eastcoast pinstriping on this one! I will bring my 40!

Good to hear from you Dave, we missed you all at the annual!

There was a rock slide that closed down a section...don't know if it will affect the part you'll be on, though....

They may have it cleared by then....news report said it would be closed until after labor day IIRC...

Damn I may actually tag along....

I think anyone could make it a whole weekend event and us still have the ride. You could camp or stay at the Pisgah Inn Friday night (assuming you could get a reservation) And we are going to drive up through Pisgah to get to the parkway. And then camp up or around Mt Mitchell Sat night.

Good stuff. But we as a whole need a day event that is nice, relaxing and fun for the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom