Cruiser In The Snow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately, did find some downed trees and power lines between us and beer. Necessitating an impromptu neighborhood chainsaw session.
Did meet a neighbor with an 80 with a Mudrak license plate frame who was, coincidentally, on a beerrun as well.
So, two Cruisers in the snow...

20211227_122455.jpg

20211227_122818.jpg

20211227_133707.jpg

Unfortunately, did find some downed trees and power lines between us and beer. Necessitating an impromptu neighborhood chainsaw session.
Did meet a neighbor with an 80 with a Mudrak license plate frame who was, coincidentally, on a beerrun as well.
So, two Cruisers in the snow...

View attachment 2876479

View attachment 2876480

View attachment 2876481
Now that is some snow, wow. Here in TN we don't get that level of wintry weather at all. Looks "fun" from my laptop, but it bet that was hard work moving those fallen trees

View attachment 2877151
Still not quite road worthy… :(
I have discovered something worse that laying in the gravel under a 40 working on it. When I was younger, it sucked working building it on gravel but it was fun to have done it.

Now, much older than I care to admit, laying in the snow in bellow freezing weather is much worse. After digging out the previously removed Rad bracket, drilling out the holes to 3/8, and fitting in the bolts, I was out of daylight.

First nut was a bit fiddly, but I got it on. The second however was a much bigger pain. It froze to the fender where I set it down while I did the first. After freeing it from the fender with a wrench, I had slide under the 40 atop the cardboard I’d put over the snow. First I lost 3-4” of space because of the depth of now compacted snow. Second it was pitch black out. Third, working by flashlight, I could just see where it needs to go. Forth, I couldn’t feel the nut in my hands. Fifth, I couldn’t turn the nut to get it started.

Keeping it tech… ;)

Last edited:
Zebranator II snow.jpg

Reasonably rare snowfall for us down here. This is many years ago though. It was a scheduled months club ride and we lucked out on a good snow. My old Cruiser in it's natural habitat. Punchin' through where the trail used to be. For any locals, this was in Tracy City, TN.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom