Events/Trails Cruise Moab 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You'll be fine. I may be leading Fins Friday if you are up.:)

Dan, please keep me posted on this. I want to do Fins again, and it'd be good to wheel with you.

I led Hells last year in my close to stock 200 on Thursday. I’ll likely lead the same trail and the same day for 2019 as well, so you won’t be the only 200 on the run ;)

I'd like to do this run. Never done Hell's Revenge. Keep me posted on it, if you're the leader, I'd be right proud to join the convoy!

We don't camp, we stay in a rented condo. I have it booked, so we're on board.

Rigger

I'll be there. Leading the Swell Overnighter Tues-Thurs, vendor show Thursday night. I doubt I'll have the 200 on the Swell run with me but my guys usually drive it down to Moab

I'll be there. Leading the Swell Overnighter Tues-Thurs, vendor show Thursday night. I doubt I'll have the 200 on the Swell run with me but my guys usually drive it down to Moab

Kurt, how difficult is the Swell run? My 200 has BP-51's, front and rear bumpers, slee sliders and a winch. Planning on some skids this spring as well. No lockers, but crawl control.

Kurt, how difficult is the Swell run? My 200 has BP-51's, front and rear bumpers, slee sliders and a winch. Planning on some skids this spring as well. No lockers, but crawl control.

Should be good to. Skids and sliders would be sufficient. We can drag you up anything else!

Should be good to. Skids and sliders would be sufficient. We can drag you up anything else!
Excellent! Hope to make this and the rest of Cruise Moab this year. Love the Swell area and have camped in that area 4 times over the last 7 years.

Man I wish I could go. 2nd one I missed in 14 years. I was hoping to come out in the early part of the week, but won't be able to.

This is a great event, I highly recommend it.

I haven't missed in 18 years :flipoff2:

I'm planning on doing this in my 200. It sounds like I need to add skids before I go. :)

Also wondering if our 100 can make it without lockers?

I'm planning on doing this in my 200. It sounds like I need to add skids before I go. :)

Also wondering if our 100 can make it without lockers?

Anything can make it sans lockers with some added effort and the potential of a strap perhaps. CM sets run requirements as a way to ensure smooth moving and safe groups.

Anything can make it sans lockers with some added effort and the potential of a strap perhaps. CM sets run requirements as a way to ensure smooth moving and safe groups.

What Kurt said. :clap:

TonyP and I did runs that recommended lockers, but we did just fine without them. Lockers definitely would have made a couple particular obstacles easier...like the V on Metal Masher and the Wall on Steel Brnder...but we did great and were taking on all obstacles. Between @Romer , Tony and I, we even made believers out of some 80 drivers who literally came up three different times to say their mind had been changed about the 200.

I’m just a wallet away from gears/lockers still... :meh:

This discussion is getting me excited about going.

:steer:

What Kurt said. :clap:

TonyP and I did runs that recommended lockers, but we did just fine without them. Lockers definitely would have made a couple particular obstacles easier...like the V on Metal Masher and the Wall on Steel Brnder...but we did great and were taking on all obstacles. Between @Romer , Tony and I, we even made believers out of some 80 drivers who literally came up three different times to say their mind had been changed about the 200.

I’m just a wallet away from gears/lockers still... :meh:

IIRC, there is no front ARB locker for the 2016+ petrol 200. :-(

IIRC, there is no front ARB locker for the 2016+ petrol 200. :-(

With a switch from 3:30:1 to 3.90:1 it's doable, 4.88's and the 8speed would be extremely low imo, 3.90 would be a great option and solve the front carrier split issue on the 3.3 vs 3.9.

With a switch from 3:30:1 to 3.90:1 it's doable, 4.88's and the 8speed would be extremely low imo, 3.90 would be a great option and solve the front carrier split issue on the 3.3 vs 3.9.

I don’t recall reading one way or another, so I was curious if Sampson was regeared? If it was not, did you ever wish for it to be? I find the 8 speed to be well suited with a light build and 34s, but I don’t know how good it would feel with a heavy build and trailer.

I don’t recall reading one way or another, so I was curious if Sampson was regeared? If it was not, did you ever wish for it to be? I find the 8 speed to be well suited with a light build and 34s, but I don’t know how good it would feel with a heavy build and trailer.

Nope, with the 8 speed it didn't struggle, even when we were at 16,500 ft loaded heavy and pulling a trailer :D

If we do anything to Sampson, it will be 3.90's.

200 options are 3.307, 3.909, 4.100, 4.300. 4.88, all OEM with the exception of the 4.88 with is avail from Nitro.

Registration is open!! We just opened 20 minutes ago, and we have over 70 registered trucks already! Head on over to REGISTRATION | Cruise Moab to get signed up. Please note this year we're doing trail selection separately from event registration, so if you're not sure what trails you want to run you don't have to decide for a few more weeks.

CM2019-Register-Now.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom