Crack in dashboard (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@LINUS what kind of caulk did you use? Name and color or link? This ghetto fix sounds right up my alley :eek:

@LINUS what kind of caulk did you use? Name and color or link? This ghetto fix sounds right up my alley :eek:

So......

My local Ace knows me & I walked ~4 paint samples out before I got what I think was GE (yes, General Electric brand) - tube sealant was the fancy toothpaste cap / cone style & was gold & blue ~4oz tube.

Small town shyt - I literally went to HS with the local Ace owner & he knows me - plus I sold the 450 before I ever bought the 40th AE I traded in close to 4yrs back. ( so say 2015 )

It was a dark tan color....latex caulk is super easy there in colors.

If any of you shop a small town shop, tell them you want to walk a couple colors out & decide.

Sorry no easy Lamazon link, but your local Ace Hardware has what I did & looked enough you never would notice if I didn’t point it out.

16203086650771301593062.jpg
16203086650771301593062.jpg
rtv gray works

I just searched for marine vinyl on amazon. 95 to 97 dash would be more difficult I would think.
Yep, some of the angles on the 95-97 dash look complicated for an amateur which is why i opted to just pony up the cash for a new one from Mr. T.
My 94 looks straightforward and is the same as what @White Stripe showed earlier in the thread.

Mine spent 27 years in the baking heat and as far as i know there was never a sunshield in use. Then in January i head out to Roswell for work and experience uber cold temps -12°C. Windows wouldn't go up, hood wouldn't stay up, tail wouldn't stay up and my dash cracked. Cold weather sucks....:(

I don't have dash cracks but I do have a cover from Escape Gear. I've really liked the extra storage pockets for things like small maps and handheld radios etc.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
How does that attach to the dash? Velcro? Tethers? Just friction?

It also works fine without them. Have had mine on their for quite a while now with no issues and no movement.
Mine tends to slip off under heavy acceleration, granted I have the sexier, curvier 94 dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom