corner glass question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3_puppies

SILVER Star
Threads
anybody try cutting down a 40 series corner glass to fit in a 45 cab?
when I lay the 45 glass on a 40 glass the radius seems the same as it lays flat on each other
the old time guy that does all the windshields at my work is willing to try it.
I have 1 spare left in my stock and need it to repair a stupid thing I did.
as they seem to be NLA, although the gaskets are still available

DSCF5329.JPG

DSCF5330.JPG

Paul,

Have you tried reaching out to @FJ40GURU or @TeamJB for a window?

Are the later year 45 windows the same as the earlier years?

Interested to hear what happens with your solution!

Last edited:
“…need it to repair a stupid thing I did”

Good thing the bullet went through the replaceable glass instead of the repairable roof, or you 😝!

Paul,

Have you tried reaching out to FJ40GURU or TeamJB for a window?

Are the later year 45 windows the same as the earlier years?

Interested to hear what happens with your solution!

I haven't checked with the 2 you suggested
the spare I have currently I got from Patrick in Germany many years ago.
AFAIK the windows were all the same thru the years

I have at least a pair of side windows off of a 45 lying around. Only problem is they are in South Africa. If you can't find glass, you are welcome to the side glass you need.

Thank you for the offer, I'll PM you later today.

It sure would be nice to have a way of making these out of 40 glass. What is needed for your guy to give it a shot?

It sure would be nice to have a way of making these out of 40 glass. What is needed for your guy to give it a shot?

what is needed? time for me to catch up with him. He kinda works on his own schedule.
I have the pieces. I should be able to get with him sometime this week, and he'll try it in his spare time.

I’d take a spare set as well.

So Paul I’m curious what happened? I see the truck on what appears to be a construction site(?).

construction at my house, a new shop building, loading scrap wood in the back to go to a burn pile and a 2 x 4 bounced up and shattered the window.
I was not very happy with myself

The same thing will eventually happen to us all. I’m actually surprised I haven’t broken one yet. I sure hope there’s some way of producing these windows.

I have a couple of pairs of 45 windows I would sell if you'd rather get one on the continent rather than South Africa. The ones I have have some scratches and what looks to be welding slag. I think there is most likely one out of the four that would be in good condition. I could dig them out and clean them and take some pics if you are interested. I have only one rubber gasket that is usable not perfect but it would most likely work. Pm me if you'd like . Im on Vancouver Island Canada.

Paul, I have a set here but it is a complete rear cab with all 3 windows. I dont want to part it out though..

I wouldn't either.

getting sidetracked with another project I got last week. When I get it running I'll post it .

Paul, u still need a corner? I think I saw spares at the other house a few weeks ago. I think the reason we didn't use them was a few scratches and weld splatter marks. If you don't find one let me know. Wasn't planning on getting rid of spares but will help a fellow friend out that's helped me find rare stuff. If I recall logo goes towards middle and they are side specific? Brian would remember that or I can go look at my 45's at the other garage later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom