Compiled 80 series suspension component spec thread... shocks, coils & more. (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@GW Nugget

Won’t have my kings 2.5 3-4 inch lift shocks till next month but I finally was able to get some specs. They are NOT yet making 2.0 shocks for the 80 because the 80s are so heavy they don’t think 2.0 shocks will be sufficient at least not to their standard.

All kings current make are 2.5 with remote and the 2 models are with or with out compression adjust, I think the one with compression have additional feature of internal 1 inch bottom out bump assist. Both version have flutter valves to creat 2 zones/stages of damping. I didn’t find out about the bump assist or I would of coughed up the extra money for the adjustable version, maybe during my first rebuild. They are custom shock place so they can be order however valving you want and as many extra features as you want.

Kings 2.5 for 0-2 inch lift
Front 16.119 - 26.144
Rest 15.679 - 25.709

Kings 2.5 for 3-5 inch lift
Front 17.181 - 27.206
Rear 17.044 - 28.301

Kings 2.5 for 6 inch lift
Front 18.937 - 31.711
Rear ?????

Thanks @Qball , I added that info to post #11

Does anyone have experience with custom valved Kings on a fat arse 80 yet? I had 3.0-quadruples bypasses on my 2nd Gen ram and they were great, but the magic is in the valving profile...has anyone got that refined valving for the 80's yet?

I just picked up my custom valved Kings last week. I'll be running the slinky 70 intermediates front and rear.

I'll let you know.
I am very interested to hear your thoughts on them. Who defined the valve stack profile?

Thanks for the solid work. This is as legit as it comes. I will be in the market for some new Fox shocks soon.

The King’s current 80 specific 2.5 shocks valving profile is developed on @jtwopark’s 80, they had it for 2 months. So they definitely spent a lot of time refining valving for a heavy fully armored 80. They do have soft, medium and hard valving however to suit your needs, or just go full custom.

Does anyone have experience with custom valved Kings on a fat arse 80 yet? I had 3.0-quadruples bypasses on my 2nd Gen ram and they were great, but the magic is in the valving profile...has anyone got that refined valving for the 80's yet?
Best solution is to do tuning specific to the truck once they are installed since every truck is a bit different. Sure that's not always possible and not everyone has nitrogen to charge the shocks.

this is the setup I'm drooling over. Stage6 Slinky with coilovers/bypasses.
20150908_162331.jpg

We are wondering off topic... please remember this is a specification thread for shocks coils and components
Thank you all for your contributions to this wonderful thread thank you for your time.

I know that these require some fabrication for the mounts but what about Bilstein 7100 remote reservoirs? From a little looking they seem to be priced around a higher end non remote reservoir shock. I’ve read a couple threads from years ago where some guys have fitted them but not much follow up on how they performed.

Anybody got any info?

I know that these require some fabrication for the mounts but what about Bilstein 7100 remote reservoirs? From a little looking they seem to be priced around a higher end non remote reservoir shock. I’ve read a couple threads from years ago where some guys have fitted them but not much follow up on how they performed.

Anybody got any info?
I have not taken the time to get specs on Bilstein they are a good shock. Fill free to post up some specs here & I will add them in the other shock post.

Last edited:
I have not taken the time to get specs on Bilstein they are a good shock, but I don't think they have any 80series specific shocks. Yes one can do a U bracket. Fill free to post up some specs here & I will add them in the other shock post.

I got them on mine paired with OME stock height (plus 30mm all around). Not remote reservoir tough.

HD 4600 shocks. Provide a stiff ride, pleasant on pavement (less body roll), not particularly excellent off road for a soft ride especially when paired with the stiffer OME stock height dual rate springs.

They do allow for a minor lift (about 1" - 1.25")

measurements ..... extended/compressed

Bilstein 24-014786 - 594mm/365 mm rear ... 23.38"/14.37"
Bilstein 24-014779 - 591mm/380 mm front .. 23.27"/14.96"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom