Compiled 80 series suspension component spec thread... shocks, coils & more. (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2v2u8C1doxAHaP.jpg
2v2u8C1WrxAHaP.jpg

This happened today...75mm dobinsons slinkies

24" hub to fender flare, front and rear

10mm trim packer up front
Nothing but spring in rear

Dual batteries, bumper, m8000 winch,
Summit cruisers tire carrier, drawer system and engel fridge,

Also roofrack

I'm

Also roofrack

What shocks did you go with and how do you like the ride? These are the 3" tapered springs?

Am currently running fox 2.0 shocks that accommodate 3-4" lift...full stretch on them is about 10-11"
Ride is soft...I plan on the dobinson MRR shocks which should complement the tapered springs

Also roofrack
Wow, that's great, thanks so much.

20" center hub to bottom of flare is generally stock height so that's a solid 4" of lift for a loaded 80. Hmm @baldilocks has reported simular results of about 25" with a 1" spring spacer on top of his 3.5" Tapered coils. This means consistency.

One might get the 2.5" Tapered coils if they want a truer net of a 3" lift.

Last edited:
Am currently running fox 2.0 shocks that accommodate 3-4" lift...full stretch on them is about 10-11"
Ride is soft...I plan on the dobinson MRR shocks which should complement the tapered springs
In one post you say they're slinkies & another you say they are the tapered. Those are 2 different springs so which is it? Thanks.

They are the dobinson c97 144vt and the dobinson c97 145vt..
Hope this clears up confusion
Those are tapered springs.

They were posted in the last few pages of this thread.

Doh I missed the specs upfront. Sadly I 175/275 might not be terribly good at my weight of 3150lbs for rear axle. 275 might be ok but the 175 portion is as good as a trim packer.

Since I don't know anyone running the new 3000 series OME comp springs other than myself, I figured might as well report up some numbers since I have the back of the truck empty at the moment. Armor is BIO tube bumper w/ M8000, Chap79/DC Fabrication rear bumper w/ dual swing outs and 37" Cooper ST Maxx, Chap79 Sliders.

Front 3051, 4" lift spring. Center hub to bottom of flare measurement, 25"
Rear 3052, 4" lift HD spring. Center hub to bottom of flare measurement, 26"

I'm running this with the Fox 2.0 IFP 3-5" shocks (985-24-076/985-24-087). More info on other mods to support this amount of lift in my build thread.

@GW Nugget we still don't have any numbers on the Autocraft 50mm springs ? @NLXTACY ?
Yep... Hmm... Well can't help there.
I just have the 75mm coils.
I would like to know myself.
I know there was a few folks that did get the 50mm coils, was @nuclearlemon one of them?
Or we just could ask Mr. @AutoCraft Aus for the specs.
I'm very curious to know if the free height of the 50mm coils are as tall or at least close as the 75mm coils like the Dobinson Tapered coils are.
Hmm... Enquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:
Where would I find Dobinsons Tapered or Flexi coils in Australia?

No Dobinsons stockists have any reference to them only their linear coils.

Cheers

Yep... Hmm... Well can't help there.
I just have the 75mm coils.
I would like to know myself.
I know there was a few folks that did get the 50mm coils, was @nuclearlemon one of them?
Or we just could ask Mr. @AutoCraft Aus for the specs.
I'm very curious to know if the free height of the 50mm coils are as tall or at least close as the 75mm coils like the Dobinson Tapered coils are.
Hmm... Enquiring minds want to know.

Still looking for answers on this. I would like to compare options for some upcoming changes in my 97 build. @AutoCraft Aus @dockbox ?

@woody has then in Gretchen in intermediate rear and stage 4.

bottom edge of rim 17" to fender lip will be around 790mm f and 820-830mm r

@woody has then in Gretchen in intermediate rear and stage 4.

bottom edge of rim 17" to fender lip will be around 790mm f and 820-830mm r

Just asked about this in your vendor thread. I should be able to convert that into something useable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom