Coastal Offroad Bumper Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Instructions are similar to IKEA furniture, its fairly straightforward assembly but a few more pictures would be helpful. Most important is to make sure the rear / vertical winch plate and the upright brackets are vertical and straight. Make sure to have enough clearance to open the hood before you weld the grill center hoop.Magnets, level, square and tape for assembly and flap wheels for grinding are helpful.

2018-10-31 22.05.37.jpg

2018-11-01 15.17.32.jpg

2018-11-01 19.20.27.jpg

Attachments

• Coastal Offroad GX470 front bumper.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Awesome, Thanks for the update, yours looks really good. I have not welded anything for 20 or so years. I may purchase a welder and go at it. Most likely, I will have it done by a fabricator for us. The instructions do not look too bad. I have made some roll bars and bumpers for Baja, it has been quite a while though.

Received most of my Coastal Bumpers yesterday. Looks like one package is arriving today. Looks like well made pieces. Very clean lines, nice quality metal. I will go through the packaging , all 5, later in the week.

I want to publicly thank Brandon from Coastal. Most of these GX vendors, will not give you the time of day, Let along a returned email or call back. He was very easy to work with.

Last edited:
I picked up the bumper from the powdercoat shop today, I quickly installed it inside his shop since it was 14°F outside . back at the shop I reinstalled the fender flares and the rest of the bolts. I still have to install the 2 sets of Baja Design Lights over the weekend
2018-11-14 14.43.16.jpg
2018-11-14 15.36.08.jpg
2018-11-14 15.35.33-3.jpg
2018-11-14 20.15.23-1.jpg
2018-11-14 20.14.46-2.jpg

Looks great!

I just installed a different bumper but mine leaves the washer fluid tank exposed just like this one.

I'm on the hunt for a smaller tank that doesn't leave so much exposed below the lines of the bumper. I'll update if I come up with anything.

The is another site devoted to the GX platform. I don't recall the site name, I am not a member there for personal reasons. However, They have a few guys painting the reservoir Black. You could do that if worried about the looks. If you are worried about an impact, you could get a smaller unit and move it.

Last edited:
washerbottle.jpg
I swapped my washer bottle out for a $15 overflow tank. Just cut the holes and mount the PS fender inside the engine bay and the hoses, pumps, etc will fit. I documented it on GXOR, but I think I have a pic. Was about an hour to get it all done.

Not mine, but you get the idea. I have mine in the same place but the bracket is mounted into the PS fender sheetmetal on mine.

The is another site devoted to the GX platform. I don't recall the site name, I am not a member there for personal reasons. However, They have a few guys painting the reservoir Black. You could do that if worried about the looks. If you are worried about an impact, you could get a smaller unit and move it.

I'd love the name of another GX-based forum if you remember it.

Hey Nick, can you post some more pictures detailing the recovery points? It looks like they're in line with the frame rails and that plate is also tied into the radiator support. It seems like a pretty cool design.

I will take some more pictures of the anchors points this pm for now its all I have as pictures

The anchors points are located in the middle of the frame rails
IMG_20181104_230213.jpg

I received my front and rear bumper kits last week. I took them to a friend who is a welder and when he unpacked them, there are multiple pieces missing from both bumpers. I have emailed Coastal Offroad but have not heard back. My kits are sitting in my friends shop taking up space and he cannot weld them together because of to many missing pieces.

Does anyone have a phone number for them so I can talk to someone about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom