CLOSED --- TOUGH DOG SUSPENSIONS and TOUR FLEX SPRINGS---CLOSED (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd run a 2" with the 41mm front and rear shocks. 53mm are more for heavy fronts and high speed offroad travel. They are great for paved roads, just overkill if DD is 99% of your use.

2"

View attachment 1713693
View attachment 1713694

3"

View attachment 1713696 j
I'd run a 2" with the 41mm front and rear shocks. 53mm are more for heavy fronts and high speed offroad travel. They are great for paved roads, just overkill if DD is 99% of your use.

2"

View attachment 1713693
View attachment 1713694

3"

View attachment 1713696 j

Do you know the tire size specs on the 2” LC example you provided?

can you DM pricing on a kit for 1999 LC?

New Tough Dog facility in Australia. Approximately 4.5 times larger than the old warehouse. Thanks to everyone for their support!

upload_2018-8-22_21-59-54.png

upload_2018-8-22_22-1-14.png

I know that many folks on MUD are 5th Gen 4Runner owners, and if you are, you may be interested in a cool lift option from Tough Dog that Jason set me up with for my wife’s 2011 SR5 4Runner. The kit consists of front coilovers, rear springs, and rear shocks. I consider the kit unique because all four shocks are adjustable (each has a 9-position dial), and the price is better than reasonable. I’m a big fan of the adjustable shocks after having spent the last 7 months or so thrashing about with adjustables on the rear of my ’97 80 Series (part of a TourFlex 3” kit).

Our 4Runner had about 58k miles on it when we bought it, and it has about 75k now. The stock suspension seemed to be working as good as new, had no perceptible slop anywhere, was a comfortable ride, and I have absolutely hated the way it handles from day one. IMHO, “wallow and dive” best describes the factory ride.

I installed the lift in my driveway by myself, starting on Friday night after work, and finished on Saturday around noon. Everything went well…no surprises, very straight-forward.

Observations after a mild test flogging:
  • Pre-break-in height difference is about +2 3/8” at each corner.
  • Test drive was super smooth. No squeaks, creaks, clattering…nada.
  • At the #1 shock setting, the ride felt only slightly less plush than the stock suspension, yet handling was much more controlled. Wasn’t diving into the bump stops at every brake check. A bit soft for town driving but would be great for the trail.
  • At #5 & 6, the ride was perfect for DD use around town. A firm yet compliant ride, what it should have felt like from the factory.
  • The #9 setting was dramatically different. Absolutely flat cornering, and so stiff it practically felt like it was riding on the bump stops. Very impressive that these shocks can change the ride so dramatically with an easy dial twist.
Anyhow, we are quite pleased. Incredible bang for the buck, and I’m happy to have found a way to support MUD vendor Trail Tailor using 4Runner funds.

Cheers
- NorCal97

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

When is your next shipment of shocks available?

Quick update on the TD kit Jason set me up with:

Polished off the package by installing wheels & tires (285/70-17s on 8.5 wide x -6mm offset). Minor tweaks were needed at the front fender liners, but all good now. This turned out perfect for us...WAY better ride, more capable, looks great, and a happy :princess:.

20180907_190711.jpg

20180907_192745.jpg

Quick update on the TD kit Jason set me up with:

Polished off the package by installing wheels & tires (285/70-17s on 8.5 wide x -6mm offset). Minor tweaks were needed at the front fender liners, but all good now. This turned out perfect for us...WAY better ride, more capable, looks great, and a happy :princess:.

View attachment 1784626

View attachment 1784628

M,

Looks good. Looking forward to the rack and bumper build in a few weeks.

J

200 Series Tapered TourFlex R&D today!

TourFlex tapered coils installed today. Ride was incredible and we loaded up the tailgate with 750# (plus # of the 3rd row seats) with a 1" drop in height. Has a 1.375" rake as pictured (no weight added) .375" rake with weight.

I'm working on the final #s with Tough Dog and KING tonight and tomorrow to get these into production.

Jason

IMG_20180910_133005226.jpg

IMG_20180910_143842738.jpg

Very interested in a kit for my 2000 LC but still waiting on pricing and availability info from you. I'm not interested in the constant load kit as I'll be a mostly stock weight for a while longer. Most interested in the 53/45 combo kit with the medium/lighter load springs. Priority would be ride quality as the truck is 95% on-road. Hoping to order something from whomever by the end of the week.

My 80 with Jason's 75mm Tourflex springs and Tough Dog foam cell shocks. It's on 37's, with some trimming. Still need to build a tire carrier, but with the armor, tent, and gear, the ride is excellent!

I'm also using Tough Dog adjustable pan hard bars, and Jason's Creeper skid plate.

Thanks, Jason, for all your great products!

IMG_20181018_180423_748.jpg

Can I please get a DM with pricing and availability on a lift options for an '03 100 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom