CCOT HFS replacement tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I haven't been able to find any reviews of the new CCOT replacement 40 tubs. Has anyone see one yet? If so, how was the quality?

I'm at the point where I'm either going to have the body shop piece together a half tub or buy a new replacement. It looks like the best options are either CCOT or Landcruiser Heaven.

If anyone has seen the new tubs available I would really appreciate to hear a Mudder's opinion.

Thanks!

Mason

Just saw your post. I purchased a 3/4 tub for my 79 FJ40 from them last January and I hope I'm only about a month away from mating in to the old firewall/cowl. Overall I'd say it's good quality but you should be aware of several things. There are many brackets, braces and fittings on the the bottom of your tub that are not supplied on the CCOT tub. Fitting for fuel lines, brake line and braces behind the running boards. Since I could not find them new anywhere I've had to remove them from the old tub in the hope of being able to reuse them on the new tub. A bigger issue is that it does not come with a fuel filler neck support of fuel filler door nor does it come with the interior housing to cover the emission lines.

I found a company in VA that said the could provide a new filler neck support and fuel door but when they arrived they were to big (and poorly made) to fit the opening in the new tub. The opening in the new tub is the same as the old tub.
No one can supply the interior housing that covers the emission lines behind the passenger seat in my FJ. I found a recycle in CO that had one but when it arrived it was in such bad shape I have no choice but to reuse what I have in my old tub.

CCOT could not provide any logical explanation why these items are not supplied with their tubs given the fact they are not available on the open market.

Regardless what you decide to do don't attempt to purchase anything from PACOL.

Here is a picture of one of the brackets that secure the straps that hold the gas tank to the underside of the tub. The brackets on my 79 bolt to the tub. The brackets were not included with the 1979 CCOT's tub I purchased.

The new tub does have the threaded holes for the bracket bolts.

Hope this answers your question.

upload_2017-1-24_20-40-52.jpeg

Just saw your post. I purchased a 3/4 tub for my 79 FJ40 from them last January and I hope I'm only about a month away from mating in to the old firewall/cowl. Overall I'd say it's good quality but you should be aware of several things. There are many brackets, braces and fittings on the the bottom of your tub that are not supplied on the CCOT tub. Fitting for fuel lines, brake line and braces behind the running boards. Since I could not find them new anywhere I've had to remove them from the old tub in the hope of being able to reuse them on the new tub. A bigger issue is that it does not come with a fuel filler neck support of fuel filler door nor does it come with the interior housing to cover the emission lines.

I found a company in VA that said the could provide a new filler neck support and fuel door but when they arrived they were to big (and poorly made) to fit the opening in the new tub. The opening in the new tub is the same as the old tub.
No one can supply the interior housing that covers the emission lines behind the passenger seat in my FJ. I found a recycle in CO that had one but when it arrived it was in such bad shape I have no choice but to reuse what I have in my old tub.

CCOT could not provide any logical explanation why these items are not supplied with their tubs given the fact they are not available on the open market.

Regardless what you decide to do don't attempt to purchase anything from PACOL.

I may have one of those emissions panels. Give me a shout.

I've decided to cut out and reuse the components from my old tub. For the benefit of anyone else that may come across this thread here are two pictures showing the emission housing I was referring to. The cover and the framework, welded to the side of the tub, that the covers bolts to.

upload_2017-2-6_12-22-33.jpeg

upload_2017-2-6_12-23-21.jpeg

I've decided to cut out and reuse the components from my old tub. For the benefit of anyone else that may come across this thread here are two pictures showing the emission housing I was referring to. The cover and the framework, welded to the side of the tub, that the covers bolts to.

View attachment 1396882

View attachment 1396883

Getting that housing off the old tub is tough. They spot welded in in about 15-20 places. By the time I got my off it was pretty mangled. I have not got to the point of installing it on the new tub yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom