CASTING CALL - overland trailer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RevISK

SILVER Star
Threads
Yo my central Texas friends.

I am working on a national Chevrolet Truck campaign and one of the props I need to source is an overlanding trailer to be towed behind a truck in a scene to a remote camping/fishing spot.

This will likely be filmed at Reveille Peak Ranch near Burnet.

What this entails:
- compensation would be around $1,000, this could increase if there other items to rent: traction boards, Jerry cans etc…
- the shoot dates are 2/8-10, I would need to take possession of the trailer the 7th at the latest and return it on the 11th or 12th (or it could be picked up when we are done filming.
- I would cover any logos with removable vinyl which would be removed when wrapped
- company would provide a COI covering any unforeseen damage
- if wanted, you could attend the shoot. If you haven’t been to Reveille, it’s astounding. Free food and a lot of sitting around, but they do have an amazing mountain bike trail system.
- I would be in possession of the trailer in my gated property in sunset valley and would be personally towing it to and from set. I have hundreds of thousands of miles towing under my belt and currently own 5 different trailers ranging from 12’ - 31’.

If interested please get ahold of me at (512) 294-6550.

Pass the word as well, I need a few options to present, I currently have one but wanted to get the gang here in on the action.

Thanks y’all,
Ian

I have a Turtleback Trailer that you might be able to use. You can see it in my profile pic to the left.

IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3606.jpeg

You’re probably who Casey (@POTATO LAUNCHER ) was telling me about yesterday. I sent him some pics. You’re welcome to use if this fits what you’re looking for. Also, I would consider Hawkes Outdoors in San Antonio. They have some very nice modern (expensive) camping/overlanding trailers. Very nice folks. They might be willing to help you. I can introduce if interested to avoid a cold call.

1706713353958.jpeg

1706713389497.jpeg

You’re probably who Casey (@POTATO LAUNCHER ) was telling me about yesterday. I sent him some pics. You’re welcome to use if this fits what you’re looking for. Also, I would consider Hawkes Outdoors in San Antonio. They have some very nice modern (expensive) camping/overlanding trailers. Very nice folks. They might be willing to help you. I can introduce if interested to avoid a cold call.

View attachment 3546695
View attachment 3546696

Thanks Doc, yes that was me.
I’d love an introduction to that place. I’m in the collecting prospective prospects right now and will present in the next day or so.

Appreciate your time sir,
Ian
512-294-6550

In case you need a backup. Here's my Johnny Overlander trailer.

That's a pic before leaving to camp out at Reveille Peak Ranch.

Screenshot_20240131_181059_Photos.jpg

In case you need a backup. Here's my Johnny Overlander trailer.

That's a pic before leaving to camp out at Reveille Peak Ranch.

View attachment 3547129
Doap, thanks Dave. I’ll add it to the folder.

Reveille is pretty amazing. Tooled around to all the secret spots with the owner. Definitely one of the highlights of my job is the back door access.

Doap, thanks Dave. I’ll add it to the folder.

Reveille is pretty amazing. Tooled around to all the secret spots with the owner. Definitely one of the highlights of my job is the back door access.
Are we not doing phrasing:p?

My job is interesting 😏.

Was wondering what leftover high school brain would snag onto that one.

1706748091486.gif

My job is interesting 😏.

Was wondering what leftover high school brain would snag onto that one.
It's this kind of humor that keeps guys from losing it and offing themselves or others on deployments. High school days are the best days :cool: . Maturity is for old folks

I swear I’m 13 until I look in the mirror

Small update on the actual topic of this thread...
First off, a sincere THANK YOU to everyone who submitted, passed the thread along or introduced me to someone, I really appreciate it.

I have submitted everyone's trailers to the powers that be and now we wait... There are several layers of idiocy this will have to go through and inevitably some bigwig who once saw an RV will be the deciding factor because they're the expert now. However, one never knows.
Special thanks to @POTATO LAUNCHER for introducing me to @SoTexCruiserDoc who introduced me to the fine folks at Hawkes Outdoors. That place looks amazing for any overland and off-road gear and will definitely be aiding in rounding the props I need out. Fine folks with a true passion. check em out: (even though their landing page mentions J**ps) Hawkes Outdoors Overlanding, Camping, & Upfit Vehicles in Texas - https://hawkesoutdoors.com/

Thanks again everyone,
now back to the poop jokes

I swear I’m 13 until I look in the

Small update on the actual topic of this thread...
First off, a sincere THANK YOU to everyone who submitted, passed the thread along or introduced me to someone, I really appreciate it.

I have submitted everyone's trailers to the powers that be and now we wait... There are several layers of idiocy this will have to go through and inevitably some bigwig who once saw an RV will be the deciding factor because they're the expert now. However, one never knows.
Special thanks to @POTATO LAUNCHER for introducing me to @SoTexCruiserDoc who introduced me to the fine folks at Hawkes Outdoors. That place looks amazing for any overland and off-road gear and will definitely be aiding in rounding the props I need out. Fine folks with a true passion. check em out: (even though their landing page mentions J**ps) Hawkes Outdoors Overlanding, Camping, & Upfit Vehicles in Texas - https://hawkesoutdoors.com/

Thanks again everyone,
now back to the poop jokes
Anyone considering a trailer should hit up Casey and get your bolt on’s at Hawkes. Supporting the best of both worlds.

Nice work Ian. What a cool job ma man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom