Carolina Relic Run - April 15-17, 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a family-friendly outing but participation will be limited to "vintage" Land Cruisers with build dates of 1990 and earlier and preferably to members and prospective members of ONSC, Upstate Cruisers and Low Country Land Cruisers.

DISCLAIMER - This first post will be periodically updated as details are available.

The event will take place at Uwharrie National Forrest (aka URE) on the weekend of Friday, April 15 - Sunday, April 17, 2016. If you are unfamiliar with URE, there are multiple trails with varying degrees of difficulty so you can choose one as challenging as you are willing to tackle. URE also offers plenty of hiking and mountain biking trails and access to Badin Lake for boating and fishing, among other activities.

In keeping with the event's theme, please consider wearing vintage attire for Saturday's trail rides, using vintage camping gear, and anything else you can think of.

For those of you wanting to camp, I've reserved Site A at Badin Lake Group Camp, one of the three group sites ONSC uses to host Logan's Run. This site will supposedly accommodate 50 people and does have running water and access to showers and flushable toilets.

For those that can, plan on arriving on Friday afternoon/evening and setting up camp. For those that cannot make it until Saturday, plan on arriving no later than 9am.

There will be a Relic Roundup at 4 pm back at Group Camp on Saturday. Several people that do not own vehicles that qualify for this event have expressed an interest in admiring our Land Cruisers. Participation is optional, but I'm sure most of us will be ready for a cold beverage by then.

For dinner on Saturday, I will be bringing enough hot dogs, hamburgers and beans to feed our group. Please sign up to bring a condiment, appetizer, side dish or dessert listed below or let me know what you will be bringing:
1. Chips @ErikinSC
2. Potato Salad & trash bags - @77 KROOZER
3. Cookies - @mel lowe & @Rice
4. Ketchup & Mustand - @roadstr6 & @jfz80
5. Lettuce, Tomato and Onion - @jamesurq
6. World Famous Rotel Dip @ClemsonCruiser
7. More chips @fj40z
8. Hot Dog Buns (40) @jfz80
9. Chips and Hummus - @tnkayaker
10. Charcoal & Hamburger Buns - @GLTHFJ60
11. Firewood @JohnVee & @roadstr6
12. Paper plates, napkins and cutlery @gaap master & @CharlestonG8R
13. Cheese slices for burgers - @JohnVee

Below are the categories for the various prizes. Judging will take place on Saturday morning. Number 10 will be voted by those in attendance on at the Relic Roundup. Awards will take place after the Relic Roundup and likely before dinner given some participants are not camping.
  1. Best Dressed (for the first ride on Saturday morning)
  2. Oldest Land Cruiser
  3. Most Rust
  4. Best Overall Condition
  5. Furthest Drive to the Event
  6. Best Patina
  7. Most Original
  8. Most Unoriginal/Modified
  9. Best Overall Vintage Camping Equipment
  10. Fan Favorite
Cost: $15 per family to offset the cost of the campsite, cover the cost of awards/prizes and stickers. Please send funds to my PayPal account (charlotte49er@gmail.com) ASAP and not later than March 31st. Please don't check the box for payment for services or goods as PayPay keeps $0.74 as their fee. The list below will be updated as funds are received. Note: Attendees will be responsible for purchasing your own trail pass(es), which are available from the Eldorado Outpost.

Below is the initial list of attendees and the vehicle they will be driving. Forgive me if I overlooked anyone. Please PM me your first name and vehicle model if it is not listed below.

Committed:
FJinTegaCay (David - FJ40) - PAID
ClemsonCruiser (JP and Steve aka JP's dad - FJ40) - PAID
Forrest5000 (Eric - BJ73 ) - PAID
roadstr6 (Dave and Nathan [son age 10]- FJ40 or FJ60) - PAID
gaap master (Rob, Seth [son age 14] and Sloan [daughter age 6] - FJ60) - PAID
GLTHFJ60 (Johnny - FJ60) - PAID
SHMAC (Steve - FJ40) - PAID
Mel lowe (Deo- and Arthur [ son age 5] FJ45 lwb) -PAID
ErikinSC (Erik - FJ40) - PAID
Rice (Rice, Natalie, Brent [son age 7] and 2 dogs - FJ40) - PAID
fj40z (Stephen - FJ60) - PAID
Trollhole (Marshall - FJ40) -PAID
CharlestonG8R (Jeremy - FJ40) - PAID (Sadly the 40 won't be ready ☹️)
tnkayaker (Erik - FJ40) -PAID (But sans the 40 as it is still under the knife)
jamesurq (James - FJ40) - PAID
Roxx (Rafael, Max [son age 2] - FJ62) - PAID
JohnVee (John - FJ40) - PAID
GreenHellMustang (Alex - Official Paparazzi)
jfz80 (Jason - FJ45 lwb) - PAID
77 KROOZER (Mike and Marie - FJ40 & FJ60) - PAID
Ryan_Banard (Ryan - FJ40) - PAID
HENDOG (Henry - FJ45 swb)
Total: 30 (including 5 children)

Paid but unable to attend:
mtweller (Ramon - FJ40) - PAID but bailed to go furniture shopping:doh:
tgadd (Scott FJ62) - PAID but will not be able to attend
Ontherx (Tim - FJ60) - PAID but has too many kids sporting activities to make it

Tentative:
GarnerFJ40 (Brian - FJ40)
Cirbo (Jim - FJ45 lwb)

Last edited:
Like @jamesurq said, I will probably only make Saturday with no camping. That way I can have Friday/Sunday for studying. Plus it's my birthday weekend so will be fun getting out.

Do I believe my eyes?
Is @forrest5000 actually going to have the 45 back and on the road?

If I bring my 40 on a trailer does that count?

If I bring my 40 on a trailer does that count?
It should. Mine will probably leave on one so what's the difference?

This run deserves a T-shirt. Who's with me?
I had the same thought but I have zero graphic design experience and don't want to get stuck with a bunch of shirts. I thought about approaching the owner of Sackwear to see if he'd be willing to help. Any thoughts?

Maybe we can talk Jonathan Jones in to another t-shirt design? 2015 LR is one of my favorite event shirts.

Where Relics go to drink & I'm in for a T-shirt or 2.

598486_553639127986237_586507800_n.jpg

No 55s? A "Relic" event would not be complete without a pig :pig: or 2 :pig::pig:. My 55 will not be out of the shop in time.

Possible Piggy Participant:

Mel lowe (Deo- fj55)

Yeah, my 55 won't be there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom