Carolina Relic Run 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are usually around Lynchburg for lunch.
The Colonial Restaurant in Rustburg.
8970 Wards Rd
Rustburg, VA 24588
+14348212511

GIANT open parking lot - half paved/half gravel. Really good burger and homemade chips. Outdoor seating. Much less expensive than you'd think. Very impressive bar selection.

Just south of Lynchburg. Also 1/2 mile south of a traffic light, so plenty of opportunity to safely exit the parking lot with tow rigs.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 2.41.55 PM.png

It's this far from the Southern States where you'll meet on 29...

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 2.48.40 PM.png

The Colonial Restaurant in Rustburg.
8970 Wards Rd
Rustburg, VA 24588
+14348212511

GIANT open parking lot - half paved/half gravel. Really good burger and homemade chips. Outdoor seating. Much less expensive than you'd think. Very impressive bar selection.

Just south of Lynchburg. Also 1/2 mile south of a traffic light, so plenty of opportunity to safely exit the parking lot with tow rigs.

View attachment 2643334

It's this far from the Southern States where you'll meet on 29...

View attachment 2643340
Seems like you're planning to a part of the convoy too huh?

Seems like you're planning to a part of the convoy too huh?
Not this time. It's just one of the few pieces of knowledge I keep cued up in my brain.

Hell, I probably can't even stay the Saturday night at CRR because our new puppy (aka
:poop:
factory) will be ready to pick up in GA on that Sunday and god forbid Sarah has to wait an extra day. :bang:

we are usually rolling past Dr. Ho's before they open... We are usually around Lynchburg for lunch.
Macado's right off 29 near the college and mall. Plenty of room to park in mall parking lot next to it, I have.

Macado's right off 29 near the college and mall. Plenty of room to park in mall parking lot next to it, I have.
Then you can walk across the street to Thomas Road Baptist Church and get your blessing on!

What's the place that Lex directed us to a few years ago? They had a great French Dip sandwich and room to park.

Not this time. It's just one of the few pieces of knowledge I keep cued up in my brain.

Hell, I probably can't even stay the Saturday night at CRR because our new puppy (aka
:poop:
factory) will be ready to pick up in GA on that Sunday and god forbid Sarah has to wait an extra day. :bang:
Just get my cousin to bring it up to relic for you and you can have the 💩 factory earlier and see how it handles wheeling right off the bat.

What's the place that Lex directed us to a few years ago? They had a great French Dip sandwich and room to park.
That was the Macado’s Rob is speaking of.

I wouldn't call it "plenty of parking"... we fit just because we were smaller group than the following year.

I wouldn't call it "plenty of parking"... we fit just because we were smaller group than the following year.
I will be heading south out of Richmond, I95 to I85, as much as I would love to hit Macado's, it is out of the way by a longshot. Mapquest puts me in Troy Nc in under 4 1/2 hours.

If my vote means anything I would prefer a local haunt rather than a chain place.... Always like to support the small places!!

Gotta balance speed and convenience vs local business. They all employ local workers, so you can focus on that, if will help you sleep.
oh i agree on that... a place that is easy in and out with a group is the best of course

What time are you guys planning to get down to the campground? Any plans to camp in a "group" of just wherever we can fit?

@JohnVee any idea on a space big enough for all of us? Or can the first ones down block of space? No big deal either way, it does not look that big.

What time are you guys planning to get down to the campground? Any plans to camp in a "group" of just wherever we can fit?

@JohnVee any idea on a space big enough for all of us? Or can the first ones down block of space? No big deal either way, it does not look that big.
I like the idea of a group camp area... if possible of course.... do we have club flags we can stake our claim out with? so we can shoot and damn claim jumping varmints??

1618442685056.png

1618442712604.png

We camped on the other side of the leach field behind the showers by the tree line 2 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom