Builds CA18Sean's HJ75 Troopy - Build & Restore Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really love what you've done with your truck. Great build! I'll similarly be subtly improving, replacing parts, and focusing on keeping it in use for the family.

That transverse bench in the rear is fantastic. I need to get something like that done for mine. You say it isn't original Toyota but came with the truck?

It's nice to see Troopys that AREN'T in Oregon or Washington! Ha. Looking good with the new rack!

Got my rooftop tent mounted up for this weekend's Rolex 24 car race. Hard to believe it's already been a year! The front runner rack and tent mounting hardware is great, it all went together very easily. Camco might not be the best brand out there, but I got it Amazon Prime for $650 including a removable annex... can't really argue with that :) Plus the quality seems equivalent to a Smittybilt or other entry level tent.

Untitled by CA18 Sean, on Flickr

Untitled by CA18 Sean, on Flickr

Last edited:
We'll have to meet up at the 24........Taylor and I are headed over there on Friday. Going out on a limb here but I think we might be in a very small group of 70 series trucks there! Ha.

Man you've got a lot of projects going on! Almost as many as me.

Yeah...infield. Getting there late Friday most likely. Going to be fun. And cold!

Last edited:
It's with a bit of a heavy heart I'm posting this guy up for sale. I have both a 45 and a 75 troopy now and I'd really like to focus on the 45.

I really wasn't sure how to price it because mechanically this thing is awesome. But the gutter and roof rust is making a comeback several years later. I'm asking $25k and I think that's reasonable, but if I'm totally out of line I'm sure someone will correct me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom