buy back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I call toyota and wanted them to do a recall. So long story short they are going to call me and want to back back the 1988 land cruiser 218xxx miles on it. what is a good price for it? and what would you take?

fj62.jpg

This happened with another member. @FJmoneypit

Ahhh to the crusher it goes.
Toyota REALLY wants these old cruisers off the road. I guess they are ashamed of them or something. Or there is a liability of some sort.

If it's for the fuel tank recall, likely cheaper to start buying them back then keep making a few tanks and paying to install them.

So I call toyota and wanted them to do a recall. So long story short they are going to call me and want to back back the 1988 land cruiser 218xxx miles on it. what is a good price for it? and what would you take?

I'll bet there are list members that would be willing to buy your rig, rather than see it go to the crusher....I would. Good luck with your decision. Let us know what Toyota is going to give you and give us the chance to SAVE her.

C2

Post some more info. More pics! The one pic looks nice and I'd say that you could get much more on a private sale than the dealership.

Recycle, not 'buy back' ...

So what? You don't like the truck any more? Sell it to someone who wants it. It's not a newer throwaway car.
If Toyota buys it, what do you think they'll do with it? If it were my truck, I'd just pay to fix the tank.

Get um to pay msrp dealer rate for the tank recall to you in cash and tell them to f'off. They are definately hard balling you to avoid having to do the recall.

Take note purists...

Do we know for certain it's the tank issue? Has your tank been replaced with recall fix?

OP made a separate post about losing 4 quarts oil, ? Rear main bearing... :meh:
Salvage / recycle it.
Like pets, some need rescue.

If it's for the fuel tank recall, likely cheaper to start buying them back then keep making a few tanks and paying to install them.

Don't sell it back. Make them make the fuel tank. They have the money.

When I called about the tank recall and no supply issue recently they also offered a buy back, and after I told them no, they then told me to look for an aftermarket tank.

When I called about the tank recall and no supply issue recently they also offered a buy back, and after I told them no, they then told me to look for an aftermarket tank.
Did they offer to pay? If so, may be time for a long range tank?

Did they offer to pay? If so, may be time for a long range tank?
Hahaha, no way. More of like "You're SOL with us then, so go explore options on your own dime and time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom