BudBuilt 200 Series Skid Plates, Sliders, High Clearance Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm looking forward to their bumper designs for the 2016+ model years. One design thought that would be an added benefit would be a full replacement front and rear that doesn't require cutting plastic molding to put back on the vehicle to fill gaps. A set of replacement bumpers that allows for all the factory body cladding voids so you can take the factory plastic bumper off and install the new metal bumper with no body work.

Maybe a pipe dream and not something feasible but none the less a wish of mine.
Not a pipe dream, ;)

If he builds it, they will buy!

Will the outer tube of the rock sliders support lifting from a Hi Lift jack? is there a bracket or platform Bud makes to secure the jack?

I have heard of this being done but have not seen the end results or whats left of the tube or attach points when the load is applied so far away from the frame.

Will the outer tube of the rock sliders support lifting from a Hi Lift jack? is there a bracket or platform Bud makes to secure the jack?

I have heard of this being done but have not seen the end results or whats left of the tube or attach points when the load is applied so far away from the frame.
Bud's sliders are more than capable of lifting the whole truck and distributing the load over a much wider surface area than any other slider. I change my front tires by lifting with a hi lift jack on the front edge of the slider, it does absolutely nothing to the truck or the slider. These things are built to be beat like they owe you money, and keep your frame and body nice and safe.

He uses 6 frame to main tube legs in a different configuration, and those legs go much further to the ends of the main tube than any other slider in the industry. The outer tube is much stringer than required to handle hard rock impacts over and over with an incredibly small about of deflection.
IMG_0411.JPG

That's a still image from a video where I was trying to bend the sliders. Couldn't even get a dent, if you are a rock crawler, definitely upgrade to .120 DOM, and if you want the one with a lifetime warranty, .188 DOM ultimate rock sliders are available , you won't destroy them.

Also, we lifted the whole truck by just the sliders in the lift, deflection is so minimal, it's just awesome. Frame was laser checked and was the same as before we did it.

Last edited:

I have used Slee's jackoff adapter for use with a Hi-Lift. Should be compatible with Bud's sliders too, perhaps Taco can verify?

Slee - Recovery Gear

IMG_20170414_111037.jpg

I have used Slee's jackoff adapter for use with a Hi-Lift. Should be compatible with Bud's sliders too, perhaps Taco can verify?

Slee - Recovery Gear

View attachment 1486108
With BudBuilt Step sliders yes, but maybe not with the rock sliders with a full fill plate (rock sliders with partial or no fill plates will work). The rock sliders are on a pretty significant upward angle, which might make the fill plate run into the outer upward triangle of that adapter.

Now not to try and make excuses, but, you don't need any adapter for a hi-lift on a rock slider. Put the arm under the outer tube, no further out than the middle of the arm, and push the base toward the center of the truck as far as it will angle while still sitting the base completely flat on the ground. That angle gives you the straitest possible angle once the vehicle lifts one side off the ground.

When jacking, you kneel below and to the side of the handle, and pull down (not standing and pushing down), that keeps the jack from rotating and keeps you safe from the jack handle coming back up.

IMG_0465.JPG

All that said, a hi-lift is the most dangerous tool out there, mine has been limited to my garage for over a decade, much better jacking, and winching devices out there these days.

Sorry to go off topic a little.

Last edited:
Taco, do you have any side view photos that demonstrate the upward angle of the budbuilt rock sliders?

Thanks for all the info!
2008-2017 Land Cruiser 200 Series Bolt-On Rock Sliders
This should help, look at the last picture. I think that is the best one to show the upward angle of the outer tube.

I'm loading all the stuff today on the current website (so more is coming), I'll be sending out an email to everyone on the waiting list to confirm orders and start the billing/custom building process.

Last edited:
Sorry, but looking at the website I am not understanding the difference between the Overland Protection and the Rock Armour. Would you mind a quick explanation Taco? Thank you.

Disregard that. I got it..

Did I read somewhere that Budbuilt sliders for the LX are in the works?

Did I read somewhere that Budbuilt sliders for the LX are in the works?
That's right, but it will be much later this year though. Bud is doing the rear bumper next, then 3rd gen Tacoma bumpers, then LX sliders.

Need to call tomorrow...

Just talked to Bud yesterday and I was wondering if anyone in the LA/OC/SD area wants to join up in shipping costs. He said the more the merrier as freight shipping scales better the heavier the load.

Just talked to Bud yesterday and I was wondering if anyone in the LA/OC/SD area wants to join up in shipping costs. He said the more the merrier as freight shipping scales better the heavier the load.

I'm in the works, expecting shipping this next week or week after? Can delay to save a few $

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom