BudBuilt 200 Series Skid Plates, Sliders, High Clearance Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Taco2Cruiser

Crazy American Off Road
Threads
These are not a one off project for me, these will be available as bolt on from BudBuilt.
20170406_182022.jpg

That's right, change your oil and filter without removing the armor. Also notice how the alignment cams are protected. Damaged those on my first trip.
20170406_181819.jpg

20170406_181637.jpg

First off, these are still in development, but they are very close to being done. That is why you don't see all the fasteners in, some bolt heads that are not sunk in yet, or some of the additional mounting systems. I will update this first post, as these take their final form. The real impressive thing with these, is what's behind the plates, more on that later. Bud builds armor for real rock bashing, hard slams, and dead dragging over rocks. These are designed to protect your drivetrain, day in and day out, for years of hard use.

Also coming are five other skids including gas tank skid, rear lower control arm frame mount skid, a fill armor if you have an ARB winch bar, and a fun little thing that at first looks weird, but I think it is going to work well.

Last edited:
Awesome, I had bud built skids on my 3rd gen T4R and they were exceptionally made and held up to alot of abuse. If only they had some skids for the 100 series...

Nice. Looking forward to seeing how these come together.

What is that triangle piece in the top of the first pic? Winch tray/bumper support?
Yea, that's an ARB piece that comes with an ARB winch bumper. There is an ARB splash pan that also comes with the bumper that works with the OEM skid plates, and covers that reinforcement. So Bud is making a skid that replaces the ARB splash pan to work with aftermarket skids, and can actually take a hit.

There we go!

Sign me up!

Will they work with diff drop?

I'm in... if it works with the diff drop.

If you have a diff drop- you will need to get spacers from the maker of your diff drop to space your skid plates.

These plates follow the lines of the front diff support brackets to not loose any ground clearance.

Awesome. Pricing?
While these are a completely new skid than say on a Tundra, I would check out BudBuilts cost of 07+ Tundra skids, they would probably be around the same same price.

Then there is the material you use, I'm paying extra for stainless steel, but there is cheaper steel version, and he can also do 1/4" aluminum if you want it.

Last edited:
Very cool - I'm not certain I understand how you can change the oil (filter) without removing the front skid. Can you elaborate?

Wait I think I see it....is that piece with the rounded top going to be an access panel? Awesome!

@Taco2Cruiser any test fitment done on an LX yet? Would love to get one up there to see what would be needed to interchange. :clap:

@Taco2Cruiser any test fitment done on an LX yet? Would love to get one up there to see what would be needed to interchange. :clap:
I've only been under a LX a few times, but I didn't see anything different between the frame rails. Once Bud gets done with another mounting piece, I'll let you know. But I think these will work for a LX. Being in South Carolina, I think it would definitely be worth your while to go over there after these get finalized.

Do I smell a group buy in the wind?:D

I've only been under a LX a few times, but I didn't see anything different between the frame rails. Once Bud gets done with another mounting piece, I'll let you know. But I think these will work for a LX. Being in South Carolina, I think it would definitely be worth your while to go over there after these get finalized.

Good deal. I couldn't think of anything either off the top of my head that would conflict with the fitment. Looks like around 2.5hrs from my door to his and we'll know for sure. I'd probably be able to ride up there the week after next or something along those lines.

That looks like it would double as IED protection! Awesome.

I freakin love that so many accessories are coming available for the 200 these days.

The ARB plates go back to the transfer case but there's nothing any further back than that. Any sense of whether the gas tank skid and rear LCA skid could coexist with the ARB skids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom