Builds Broski's Adventure Rig build thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had more time to work on the cruiser 😎
while I had it apart it got new hub seals, axle seals cleaned and re-greased the bearing.
Reinstalled the third ( it checked out no issues)
Clean up around the drain plug ( it was mangled from rock rash ) used the welder to build up around the drain plug.
Then took the floppy disk to the axle housing and smoothed it down more rock rash 🤪😂 and repainted the housing and the hubs
I have a small lift and run stock control arms and was thinking maybe the pinion angles were off. So I put my angle finder on them and the a difference of 2.7* not much.
So I thought I would take it for a drive before I put the drive shaft back in 🤔 and low and behold no more noise.
But I had it lifted from the start and even a bigger lift with no noise and stock control arms.
So I revisited the drive shaft clamped it to the table and sure enough the slip joint had considerable play. 😳
So I pulled out another spare that I have it has a good slip joint but the rear U-Joint had a stiff spot.
I had a new set in my part stash so I set out to replace them, I had forgotten what a PITA they are.
I ended up cut some pieces of hardwood and drilling a hole in one to help facilitating the process, worked great.
Got them in and installed the shaft and and the noise is gone.
Very happy it’s fixed but I sure did take the long road in figuring it out 🤨

4AE85DFD-A051-4186-A118-6D231F31CE0B.jpeg

663972D2-3710-4EDF-AD3B-B50A35124DDE.jpeg

Getting ready to hit the Rubicon with some friends
1687353864573.png

@Broski what’s the latest with trail conditions?

@Broski what’s the latest with trail conditions?
Most of the Sierra Trails are still closed.
The Rubicon is open to Buck island Lake.
Past there I hear there’s still a lot of snow.

The plan is to make it to Buck set up camp on the slabs.
Then dbl back the next day and run the original now optional old sluice regarded as the hardest part of the Rubicon Trail. 😉
And some relaxing at camp around the lake!!

I have this grill that I'm not going to use. I would like to sell it if anybody interested. very well made by a mud member. These usually come bare metal, this one has a nice looking flat black powder coating.
New never mounted fits 91 -94 80 series
AJFCJaUxsjZqZacGuZekSCcXsonXe3i-15pYa_m3NJtiIdiBokYgQMrbst6AJeAY2IdYA8l09DrDPgC88t0-NZyERE5kFWK4L1R3bXX4HuSZlp7_fmWQD7XBuuLFrrmGKr0WfFHU7biqrea4g7WZqoWohSYH2GF6mYquS3a-BqB-XTqKQ62oOAg-_TWaSk4_InlcPFzIN7TzveVXB3Dn74PTiIAAZuz9nMzbCjI6dMcN-DQjBFHDG9Yj5Fp2VKXGjQwRiBEX-WecWWH76Lyy2BuE59pRaxAKgSF4gEC1Y1XqzK-swfQnodFFg_uWseDahAwZv5zpv51zZJLpkc3ZygKfJc4lh5-ps0GqPZVMj7_kugjpbatnKrO-f_U0dhtT7_dz4Yzciu-12YnzBt7k3ywBwZLcqzCjk6RALN12p3med_k9T6sBaMSUe9dRNPA5pnxK0syrQYuL-XdFR-qMZnpzihCbK_oxYcCUv4VvybS81Zu_a8QBdtMyq665pmUPVBvZuM9N9lI8W9MHxr91tuT2XHJcL2B_5QrzYrtppij15hjEf9AGBjGUDXL93Jn-eFVheyu9IFJSFbueI4CAGD6frqzub0yp8hZ3kAku2QX3NyjmjoPb08guOIdVuMl8Fg6J4j5As9u3tmYkmUMcBTsedBaBSmiKWwzYqwadF36eYM1Wd3zsAUu6oW7tv9wssdtTSmYR2kTJeV-U6gX0WP7qRN3oaTqAAEzzSBbdSOhNu2gHYAtQ6SqHk5ENbhPpJZ8OFdnxavTObcTNmdPkWyNoFA-W5MirtsfGf1ivMMPZAdPRQzKUU8vA_-8pKyGG2lNxcdjFUUFBQXMau61VFhrctY7a6qRhiACl4bo3tmej1WtXzOwZ8hR20S4F5Onz56ePqCLl4nuqBdDJGRwzm5aBiKPywAY=w704-h939-s-no

AJFCJaVR5-m34-Zq4yrdMBU9jWkEyzBlC2P-qnmSd5ZolyKUpjEkB3aV8zHLK4s7yoJty7nxrHMaXMgzQZnkDhHju6PDgoSoF8B1crNQ_Dg-eW_5iRoL8o9aeDyLvWnvXhoTh0bgBAsL-kHdJuyeODafDBAMSreLCXPheKGq5mejl_HGKIyYcmI3VInHyV9MZutZBw6G7Pg4Wv7L1LfF6LofrDjCFJD1z8YZIueopRx5WyVgqL11uT_s9jfMb1zCKvKW4TZiCmCbLCQPIyUbBrdDLoDx6MrTrwj88dyeekgJjposfQs7sOE4Xe4A-MhPXwPJQEB_29ABXaVPW-Rhk6kLCWk9lGKUGcrqwuscDpUoJx9-XgRKfLqo0aMH8yo-dx1JPLMnkRIRzRT45IYAA3blp-csGMSAsxODiV0w6Q3S2mDOi9e6VEQDfL29wczDm5r8opSWbCeiCEwlJ9GEBOtsKEzohP8jxWovMzthG4CjTD6itrZlmKQ7jGCs9XacSyZpanfgNkji9vqMT3Eg_gh9Nl1XclY3l1r8OeGAOtBmiCPXciY8jOzIc111sWuMi-GkWnckiaISGU-iXzcGZFGitGajY_EQcCRYonN4Q1PuoNXTmv4tBhz5zOK7cJouKrxSILCiWdA1iGlAJiBIRatjKJodUjUzKbSJzLvQ23WNcAydIj1WLaKK_PYOrXiSR5pw0joMUTw46MebrhljqAiYmEGQkqyhjFTSFu_X-upu2zlIHEVgthjJuQ2ntZbtPh3KgEQHanS1gHMwLI8K1oV1aVMjVwr58fpAcC469-9GGIQS0gDR97Zw-1P0wfy6LbHDSSuZpRNu4kejQXh_S5OoVU1SLgu4pSDsGNbUUfFw06SsfDRQs_2WzvoRoHprEa09hOliejsP213Rb2QziqrNeOGgShc=w1252-h939-s-no

$500 shipped
PM me if interested

what makes it pre-95?

Then dbl back the next day and run the original now optional old sluice regarded as the hardest part of the Rubicon Trail. 😉
Been back to Fernley working with my bro in law, we did a job in Dutch Flats. Over Donner ya get an idea of what’s left up there. Amazing in some places even close to the road, in the shade how much snow is left. Higher up on the north facing slopes I wouldn’t be surprised if it still at winter depths. Wish I brought my 80. I’d like to check out the Rubicon with experienced folks! Hope ya get some pics to share and have a great trip! 👍

Have fun! We (Justin and I) decided to cancel out plans for this year and shooting to go next year.
Hopefully it well be a better year snow wise !

what makes it pre-95?
I bought this grill from Richard. I looked at their website and couldn’t find this grill. Just the 95-97 ones that looked identical. But, Richard’s fit my 94 fine with no problems. Maybe there is no difference :meh:

I bought this grill from Richard. I looked at their website and couldn’t find this grill. Just the 95-97 ones that looked identical. But, Richard’s fit my 94 fine with no problems. Maybe there is no difference :meh:
The emblems are different, and there are some other small differences that I can't recall right now 😂

The emblems are different, and there are some other small differences that I can't recall right now 😂
It’s possible the headlight bezels are different between the 95-97 than the prior yrs. I think you’d need to compare the 2 different year rigs side by side to see. But I like my 94 and all it’s +’s & -‘s.;)

Old sluice was a discovery I only made like a few years ago after years of not even knowing it existed. It's a ton of fun, especially since nobody really runs it so you get some peace and quiet from the mobs of JKUs out there

Headlight bezels.

Old sluice was a discovery I only made like a few years ago after years of not even knowing it existed. It's a ton of fun, especially since nobody really runs it so you get some peace and quiet from the mobs of JKUs out there
Funny to hear that. I think I ran the Rubicon for almost ten years before I went down the slabs.
Best part of the trail. You'll have fun Broski.

Funny to hear that. I think I ran the Rubicon for almost ten years before I went down the slabs.
Best part of the trail. You'll have fun Broski.
The slabs suck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom