Builds Broski's Adventure Rig build thread (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@nukegoat Better 😉

D089DF9F-BDA3-4D60-A77F-015419263DAE.jpeg

The Sierras are beautiful, I have never seen the flowers like they are this year !!
1687830603936.png

1687830778135.png

1687830864296.png
1687830962195.png
1687831044364.png

1687831759867.png

1687831852830.png

More to follow 😁

The trail was also harder then I ever remember and very crowded. But a good time was had by all in our group.
We did camp at Buck made it there mid-afternoon Friday and set up camp. then just chilled the rest of the after noon-evening and enjoyed some cold beverages & a BBQ.
Sat. We decided to go the rest of the way to the Springs.
1687874639641.png

1687874697600.png

1687874760142.png

1687874804426.png

We had lunch at the slabs by the River.
Group shot of the Rigs ;)
1687874979022.png

1687875033439.png

Cool waterfall in the upper left that I have not seen before.
1687875238359.png

On the way down the Big Sluice near the top theirs a large outcropping of rocks that when I dropped down them I landed on my driver slider hard enough the the upper drivers side of my wind shield pop out. luckily I was able to get it back in with out breaking It.
In the same spot on the way back there was a backup of rig struggling to get up.
With good spotting and multiple try's we got both 4Runner's up, then it was my turn and I ended up turtled out and having to winch as there was a long line of rigs waiting.
I did not have one mechanical issue, but did more damage to my rig then Fordyce & and my last trip to Johnson Valley combined !😂

The trail was also harder then I ever remember and very crowded. But a good time was had by all in our group.
We did camp at Buck made it there mid-afternoon Friday and set up camp. then just chilled the rest of the after noon-evening and enjoyed some cold beverages & a BBQ.
Sat. We decided to go the rest of the way to the Springs.
We had lunch at the slabs by the River.
Cool waterfall in the upper left that I have not seen before.
On the way down the Big Sluice near the top theirs a large outcropping of rocks that when I dropped down them I landed on my driver slider hard enough the the upper drivers side of my wind shield pop out. luckily I was able to get it back in with out breaking It.
In the same spot on the way back there was a backup of rig struggling to get up.
With good spotting and multiple try's we got both 4Runner's up, then it was my turn and I ended up turtled out and having to winch as there was a long line of rigs waiting.
I did not have one mechanical issue, but did more damage to my rig then Fordyce & and my last trip to Johnson Valley combined !😂
What damage did you do this time, besides the windshield? BTW that's a hell of a bang to do that!

What damage did you do this time, besides the windshield? BTW that's a hell of a bang to do that!
Both sliders are bent up in the front. Not much but I can see it. When I got stuck on the big sluice a big rock was stuck between the driver front tire and the front fender making it so I couldn’t open the door.
Ultimately why I had to winch, if I backed up any more it would have caused a lot more damage and I couldn’t move forward under my own power.
The gas tank skid plate got smashed pretty bad. Going to have to pull it and straighten it out. Same for the Cruising off road transfer case skid.
The new rear quarter panel armor really did its job and saved a lot of body damage.
The rear drive shaft and lower control arms are a little beat up but survived
The only visible body damage was from climbing the soup bowl just some small scratches to the rear driver door and fender.
Somehow the hood got way out of alignment. I fixed that and the driver door in camp 😉

Both sliders are bent up in the front. Not much but I can see it. When I got stuck on the big sluice a big rock was stuck between the driver front tire and the front fender making it so I couldn’t open the door.
Ultimately why I had to winch, if I backed up any more it would have caused a lot more damage and I couldn’t move forward under my own power.
The gas tank skid plate got smashed pretty bad. Going to have to pull it and straighten it out. Same for the Cruising off road transfer case skid.
The new rear quarter panel armor really did its job and saved a lot of body damage.
The rear drive shaft and lower control arms are a little beat up but survived
The only visible body damage was from climbing the soup bowl just some small scratches to the rear driver door and fender.
Somehow the hood got way out of alignment. I fixed that and the driver door in camp 😉
Rubicon traffic and Steel vs granite....some day all those obstacles will be worn down so even a overland built rig like mine can do Big Sluice ;)

PS I'm not holding my breath :lol:

Rubicon traffic and Steel vs granite....some day all those obstacles will be worn down so even a overland built rig like mine can do Big Sluice ;)

PS I'm not holding my breath :lol:
Haha
Most of the rigs I see on the trail now are linked on 40 or 42s and just dig bigger holes around the Obstacles. I well post a video of the soup bowl check out the rigs in the background.
That being said, being this early in the season none of the organize events have been through there. they come through before the events and fix up the trail so a overland built rig on 35 can make it through 😂
Also there are bypass's that we don't take, one can stop and stack rocks to make it easier ( we don't do that )
I ran into a friend at the springs, he was in a overland built 80 on 35s so it is doable. he did say that he had to stop and stack rocks ;)

Haha
Most of the rigs I see on the trail now are linked on 40 or 42s and just dig bigger holes around the Obstacles. I well post a video of the soup bowl check out the rigs in the background.
That being said, being this early in the season none of the organize events have been through there. they come through before the events and fix up the trail so a overland built rig on 35 can make it through 😂
Also there are bypass's that we don't take, one can stop and stack rocks to make it easier ( we don't do that )
I ran into a friend at the springs, he was in a overland built 80 on 35s so it is doable. he did say that he had to stop and stack rocks ;)
How do you think I stay in shape?;):rofl:

Where's old sluice vids?
We went to run it on Sunday but there was already a bunch of people running it backwards or up we wanted to run run it down. There was so many people leaving that we could not even get up the trail o_O
Not kidding there was a line of about 25 Rig with some less capable rigs at the front that were getting stuck. Good thing I had a book it was like a parking lot so we went back to camp loaded up and ran a new section of trail on the way out. It was pretty sweet, no one on it some challenging spots and very scenic.

We went to run it on Sunday but there was already a bunch of people running it backwards or up we wanted to run run it down. There was so many people leaving that we could not even get up the trail o_O
Not kidding there was a line of about 25 Rig with some less capable rigs at the front that were getting stuck. Good thing I had a book it was like a parking lot so we went back to camp loaded up and ran a new section of trail on the way out. It was pretty sweet, no one on it some challenging spots and very scenic.
Don't run it down, that's boring.

But yes the 40+ jeep crews are obnoxious. I don't even enjoy the con anymore because I always get stuck waiting

Somemore
This was the view for the camp site
1688089998816.png

The boys
1688090180935.png
1688090346339.png
1688090397152.png
1688090449292.png

Group shot
1688090530649.png
1688090594287.png
1688090624280.png

1688089897894.png

1688091050460.png

Great trip Great people !!

Last edited:
Those vids are incredible. Great job driving too! Man, I miss the west coasts scenery. It is so beautiful out that way! Thanks for sharing, Rich.

Got just over a week to get ready for SAS
Parts order came in from Partsouq
1689602025826.png

Mostly easy stuff just need to get after it.
Swap out my beater rear drive shaft for my good one, got all new hardware for that.
both rear seats need to installed as my son and his wife well be meeting us there 😍
Parking brake cable needs attention the Rubicon was hard on it 😂

Most of the trails at SAS are at or above 10,000 feet and have been a bit of a struggle with my 39s !!
My good friend @mustcamp offered to loan me his set of 37s for the trip. pretty excited about this as it should gain back a lot of power !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom