Bolt on turbo kit (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paul,

I do not run an evap canister on my truck so I can't really give you any first hand experience. But there is a check valve in the canister, the TRD SC doesn't add any additional check valves. A lot of ways to skin a cat I suppose.

I have not added anything of that nature to mine. The only routing change I made was moving the PCV hose to the throttle body adapter along with the brake booster line.

The first article of the downpipe was off by 1/2” due to the accident with the ICON80. It was forcing the bellows too far to its edge rather than being at the center of its movement. So that one was scrapped while some modifications for the jig were made. Pretty sure it’s dialed in but the second article will be ready tomorrow to test fit again.

My brothers went over to Dylan’s home to remove the cats so we could verify some measurements. Unfortunate the pieces were too damaged to be of much use. Bummer. Luckily we removed the cats from the test mule #3 to compare.

6995A5CD-4C70-44B8-B4BB-4563490CECEC.jpeg
C1B5785B-0D24-4CDA-92F9-C43C21CA1F35.jpeg
1ECC1369-9031-467C-AE3B-C8CF75EE7A91.jpeg
FEA74DCB-085C-42B1-8606-08316E1C87CA.jpeg
44580C37-49BF-40FF-8E22-50F0694738E4.jpeg

Not sayin' I'm trading out of my 6.0LS but geez that looks nice.

Not sure if it’ll actually happen but my goal is to start this bad boy up by this weekend. It’s been really slow because I’ve been waiting on pieces and because I’ve just been ridiculously busy.

The PHH hell starts tomorrow and I should have distributor, wires, cap, rotor, condenser, radiator ready by tomorrow. Gonna try and get the power steering kit done as well. Fingers crossed.

E5D14141-9E7E-429C-B710-4A3E2F21D9FE.jpeg
19DB8360-DBE6-4B4D-8708-02B6FC693E1E.jpeg
18BD02A6-84CC-4400-87E2-F2997CA29878.jpeg

a likely dumb question: what all will be actually necessary to add-on to what will be received with the turbo kit, in the way of gauges? I read the other thread about gauge cluster options, but my question is - "do i need it?", and more foolishly "cant i just install the thing and mash the accelerator and not have to worry about it?". thanks.

a likely dumb question: what all will be actually necessary to add-on to what will be received with the turbo kit, in the way of gauges? I read the other thread about gauge cluster options, but my question is - "do i need it?", and more foolishly "cant i just install the thing and mash the accelerator and not have to worry about it?". thanks.

Guages, types of gauges, size of gauges, color of gauges, functions of gauges, locations of gauges are all a personal thing. I supply no gauges but I do supply the common bungs to plug into.

You should be able to get in and mash the pedal without worrying about it. Some people just like to have eyes on. Same goes with your oil pressure gauge or your water temp. You should never need them, but if you do you do.

Crazy day with orders and more IT headaches. Too many phone calls I need to try and return but not enough hours in the day.

I did make sure I spent 15mins with my brother to get the downpipe test fit. I have to say it’s almost embarrassing at how easily the downpipe bolts up with the turbo and wastegate. Zero drama. A crazy amount of time was spent putting the downpipe together and all that effort shows. I was so happy I could feel my eyes well up 😉

C9F6BEF5-1E4A-4829-BDAD-B47E78652D65.jpeg
90F23148-BB31-4AE0-9D26-E844FC5DCB14.jpeg
1BB4C050-EBC5-499D-B67F-75B03AA46A6A.jpeg

@Heckraiser I really don't think your wife could have any objections to these pipes....

Good job Joey, this kit looks every bit as good as my custom setup!

Crazy day with orders and more IT headaches. Too many phone calls I need to try and return but not enough hours in the day.

I did make sure I spent 15mins with my brother to get the downpipe test fit. I have to say it’s almost embarrassing at how easily the downpipe bolts up with the turbo and wastegate. Zero drama. A crazy amount of time was spent putting the downpipe together and all that effort shows. I was so happy I could feel my eyes well up 😉

View attachment 2034342View attachment 2034343View attachment 2034344

View attachment 2034342View attachment 2034343View attachment 2034344

Looks very nice! Also makes me really want to paint the valve cover red now. Matches well

Just as a reminder, if you are getting (or planning on getting) the Wits’ End Turbo AND have/going to have the engine out, I can send you a weld-in 10AN fitting instead of the drill/bolt-in one that’s part of the kit. The weldable version is actually preferred but I knew most of you weren’t rebuilding your engines. Especially not the lower end. So if this applies to you please let me know and I’ll switch out the drain fittings.

1C5BF1B3-C0E5-4BA5-BDF6-5420D15F0A9E.jpeg

Hey Joey, I'll take one of those! I've already got a hole drilled/tapped/and plugged so the little screw on-doohicky is not needed, but I am currently trying to work up the willpower to fix my upper pan oil seal :( Might as well weld that thingy in while the pan is out and my buddies and I just went in together on a TIG.

Hey Joey, I'll take one of those! I've already got a hole drilled/tapped/and plugged so the little screw on-doohicky is not needed, but I am currently trying to work up the willpower to fix my upper pan oil seal :( Might as well weld that thingy in while the pan is out and my buddies and I just went in together on a TIG.

It’ll go out today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom