Bolt on turbo kit (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oooooooh snap! All I need is my boost switch to arrive and the “mostly bolt-on” meth injection kit for us boosted 1FZ folks will be ready to go.

Im using Snow Performance on the pump and critical bits. All of the hoses will be PTFE/stainless braided with a black coating. Cannot wait to play with this!

558EF913-3620-42B6-9E2A-A772CA90683E.jpeg

Is the switch a dash mounted manual switch thing, or a switch that controls the flow of the methanol depending on engine load/RPM’s?

Price point on this yet?

But you can buy them triggered off MAF sensor with a window switch for throttle. There are a lot of ways to set them up.

Is the switch a dash mounted manual switch thing, or a switch that controls the flow of the methanol depending on engine load/RPM’s?

Price point on this yet?

Mine has dual arming. There has to be at least 3lbs of boost and the engine RPM must be greater than 3,100. When both thresholds are met the pump kicks in with 90 PSI at a rate of 14 GPH.

As of June 24, you had a “could” start to be shipping in 2-3 weeks. Is that still the projected ETA?
It feels so close at this point! I want hourly updates. 😂😂😂

Hahahahaha no way in hell am I doing that.

But...BirgWarner is sending me 10 compressors and five turbines. The intake pipes are back from powder coating. Downpipe should be done on Friday for a test fit. But I’ll be at CMCC so won’t see it til Monday.

You're coming to the right coast this weekend? Or does CMCC mean something different to you left coasters? :hmm:

I fly in on Wed ;)

Nice! This a business trip or for pleasure? Could we see a Wits End turbo kit for the drivers raffle!? :idea::rofl:

I got my very FIRST speeding ticket in the 80 this past weekend. My 13 yo daughter was napping and woke up when the cop walked over to ask for docs. After he left with the stuff, she looked at me with those incredulous eyes and asked "are you SERIOUS? This thing can't go up the hills. There's NO WAY you were doing 75 in a 60 zone".

My reply was "we had a huge tail wind honey" :rofl:

Cop comes over with the citation and she asked him if we were really doing 15mph over the limit and he said yes, with a inquisitive look. I told him that these landcruisers can't go that fast unless we have a tail wind and he just snickered and walked away.

Since this was in a Jicarilla Apache indian reservation, the damage was $40 and paid by sending a money order only. :flipoff2:

I might have to move the V1 Radar Detector into the 80 after the turbo install!

@TYM4FUN what error code did you get?

@NLXTACY did you ever figure out the part number you used for the JDM corolla washer bottle? I've been trying to dig it up for a while and can't locate it. I found a post saying you got it from AJIK but since you have now acquired AJIK i can't search their site 🤣
Getting ready to go dual batts and trying to figure out how to make the turbo, and dual batts play nice since i recall you saying the slee tank relocate doesn't work with the angle of the air housing, correct?

@NLXTACY did you ever figure out the part number you used for the JDM corolla washer bottle? I've been trying to dig it up for a while and can't locate it. I found a post saying you got it from AJIK but since you have now acquired AJIK i can't search their site 🤣
Getting ready to go dual batts and trying to figure out how to make the turbo, and dual batts play nice since i recall you saying the slee tank relocate doesn't work with the angle of the air housing, correct?

Oh crap, I forgot about the windshield washer bottle once the turbo goes in and pushes out the OEM one. I have dual batts too and have relocated the OEM unit to next to the CC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom