boat question.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Once you get the vinyl and plastic clean, use some 303 protectant on it. It has some UV inhibitors that will keep it from drying, cracking, and fading. It's not cheap, but it works great. You could also use it on the hull, but a teflon marine wax would be better.

Or you could just sell it to me for 1500.00. I'll come down today and pick it up....:flipoff2:

stevezero said:
Once you get the vinyl and plastic clean, use some 303 protectant on it. It has some UV inhibitors that will keep it from drying, cracking, and fading. It's not cheap, but it works great. You could also use it on the hull, but a teflon marine wax would be better.

Or you could just sell it to me for 1500.00. I'll come down today and pick it up....:flipoff2:

too late on the vinyl cracking. :frown:

Did you mean to leave off a zero on that figure? :D

soft scrub with bleach for the deck, starbrite hull cleaner for the hull. Although your hull looks like a simple wash will do. wd

Castrol Super Clean. Can pick up a gallon at wallmart. Works great. I use a garden pump up sprayer. Spay and rinse. JUst don't leave it on long. You also could mix up a diluted batch of it with a little bit of chlorox. Turns everything nice and white. Beeen doing this on my boat for ten years.

beaufort-fj60 said:
just get a new boat cheap-o, sell it to someone that likes to clean things.

I've cleaned most of it. I'm gonna take it out this weekend, make sure it is running ok, and then finish cleaning it and getting it ship shape. Use it for the rest of the summer, and then clean the piss out of it and maybe sell it at the beginning of next spring.

yooper said:
Castrol Super Clean contains a lot of lye. It will etch any aluminum. Be careful.
]

Yes it will. Thank god I only have stainless on my boat.

beaufort-fj60 said:
don't forget the plug

:D

I have done that so many times I finally lost count. Between that, and transom savers on my jon boat, I think I need to create a pre-launch list like airplane pilots.

buy at least 2-3 extra plugs (they are cheap), and keep one in the console, and get in the habit of putting your main one on the key chain for the boat. Also put a "did you put the plug in?" sign right over the starter or throttle......

youd be surprised how much those trival, stupid warnings work.........

wob said:
:D

I have done that so many times I finally lost count. Between that, and transom savers on my jon boat, I think I need to create a pre-launch list like airplane pilots.

I did that in my duck boat (Olympic Jon with a 9.9) and did not realize it until I had about 2" of water in it. I thought no problem, I'll just speed up, clear the wake from the transom and she'll drain! Well, it worked, but not until I had pulled a wheelie for about 1/2 mile. I thought it was going over. I had all the requisite duckwear on and a couple of boxes of shells in my pockets so it would not have taken long. Just goes to show "you can't kill a weed...even a dumb weed":doh:

Ed

Degnol said:
I did thain my duck boat (Olympic Jon with a 9.9) and did not realize it until I had about 2" of water in it. I thought no problem, I'll just speed up, clear the wake from the transom and she'll drain! Well, it worked, but not until I had pulled a wheelie for about 1/2 mile. I thought it was going over. I had all the requisite duckwear on and a couple of boxes of shells in my pockets so it would not have taken long. Just goes to show "you can't kill a weed...even a dumb weed":doh:

Ed

Thats's why I have two 1500's in my jon boat. :D
random (Small).jpg

stevezero said:
get in the habit of putting your main one on the key chain for the boat.

but then how do you crank it?

:hillbilly:

Actually, I took the old girl out tonight for a spin. For having 3 year old gas in it. it didn't run too bad. If I ran it wot for too long, it would cut off, and have a hard time recranking - like the battery was dead. The neg cable was hot as hell too. After about a minute, it would crank fine. Bad ground somewhere?

The only time I pull the plug on mine is when I change the oil (I/O). I have a drain hose that goes out that way.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot......

towing the boat in a lifted croozer w/o castor correction is the suck!!!!! Thank goodness the truck doesn't have the nuts to go much over 50 comfortably while doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom