BJ40 on 31s and a 4 inch lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pura Vida

What an absolute noob
Threads
Hello all, I am currently running a 40 series diesel at stock height with 31s on it. I’m considering a 4 inch lift, but I’m not sure how tacky it will look with 31s on it. Does anyone have a 4 inch lift with 31 inch tires? I would like to see a picture to see if I should go for a 4 inch lift or not. I want to upgrade my tires to 35s when my muddies wear out, but for now I’m not sure how tacky my truck would look...

C6FBA440-DD52-4502-B4DA-A99D3C1E5F55.jpeg

Looking at your current the tires, you may be waiting a while. When I'm starting a large project I start by collecting parts. Buy the lift now and put it on closer to the time when your ready to buy the tires. You could consider selling the tires you have to help fund the project.

Wait and do the lift and tire at the same time

If you dont plan to cut your rear wheels opening , you should consider 33" tire
apologies, I didn't clarify, I was going to get 35s after the lift was installed, but by advice of pb4ugo, ill probably do both at the same time, although I'm not sure how much my current 31 inch tires would go for, as they are for foreign markets (I'm in the US, tires from Costa Rica)

Looking at your current the tires, you may be waiting a while. When I'm starting a large project I start by collecting parts. Buy the lift now and put it on closer to the time when your ready to buy the tires. You could consider selling the tires you have to help fund the project.
on the subject of upgrading tires, what would you recommend? I would dish out some money and go for BFG muddies, but I heard other people on other forums talk about wobbling? is that an issue with BFG muddies?

Hello all, I am currently running a 40 series diesel at stock height with 31s on it. I’m considering a 4 inch lift, but I’m not sure how tacky it will look with 31s on it. Does anyone have a 4 inch lift with 31 inch tires? I would like to see a picture to see if I should go for a 4 inch lift or not. I want to upgrade my tires to 35s when my muddies wear out, but for now I’m not sure how tacky my truck would look...

View attachment 2610074
1615437502835.png

on the subject of upgrading tires, what would you recommend? I would dish out some money and go for BFG muddies, but I heard other people on other forums talk about wobbling? is that an issue with BFG muddies?
BFG MT's perform great for three seasons, useless in the snow. I dished out some abuse to those things and have been impressed with their traction (when dry and warm) and silence on the road (again when warm). No wobbles on mine. Important to note, these tires are smaller compared to other manufacturers of the same size designation, wish I would have known that up front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom