Bi-fold door parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think my last post posted. Anyway, I have good news, seals are ready for shipping!

Cost is $90+$18.35 shipping = $108.35 total. Please PayPal to jstitt40406@gmail.com

I will ship the next business day after receiving payment. If you have any questions, please PM or post it to this thread.

Thanks, everyone, for your interest and patience!

Jason

IMG_3488.JPG

Got a few orders in already and I will start shipping tomorrow. Put my son to work packing boxes tonight so I'm ready for the next order!

Pm and PayPal sent. I think I speak for everyone with a bifold door when I say thank you so much for taking the time to have this weather stripping made.

I sent city racer/Roger a set of NOS vertical bi fold w/s to make repros of, not heard how that going but you may want to put a bug in his ear

Think I also sent the horizontal ones I had

I sent city racer/Roger a set of NOS vertical bi fold w/s to make repros of, not heard how that going but you may want to put a bug in his ear

I tried to hit the like button 20x but it didn't do anything. Please keep us posted if you hear anything!

It's good that I checked here. It's also good that I worked on the vertical one first! I need a volunteer to test fit it. @Landpimp ?

IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2666.JPG

Roger, let one of the other guys test it, I suspect they may actually get to it before I might ;)

Thanks for finding a way! I'm game for a test fit and put me down for an order on the first production run!

Jason

Sorry for the delay in gettin this done. I think I have the orientation correct. These seem to fit quite well.

It's a snug fit to install them in the channel, but doesn't necessarily seem too snug. That said, they may need some gentle pressure for a few minutes while the adhesive dries to ensure they're fully seated in the channel. This fit was done without gluing down since the weatherstrip fit snugly in the channel without it.

On the inside, the little lip catches the edge of the door well. The only issue I had was up at the top where the catch is located to hold the door open. Because it protrudes into the weatherstrip hannel, the weatherstrip gets a little squeezed and the lip doesn't seem to want to fold over the edge of the door like it does with the lower 90% of the door when you close it.

Thanks for testing! Can you show a pic of where the catch protrudes into the channel, and a pic of the squeezed area?

Wondering how does the original deal with the protrusion, since it's uniform throughout. Do you think a small cut will help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom