Best source for buying a new OEM front bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Price wise, what is the best place to buy a new OEM front bumper for an 80?

Someone on here probably has one in your area sitting on the side of their garage. I would post a wanted ad in the classifieds.

I have a 94 that's a little dinged up (nothing horrible) that I'm taking off in a few weeks. Yours if you want it, just pay shipping. I'm in California.

Price wise, what is the best place to buy a new OEM front bumper for an 80?

@beno is your best source for new OEM parts. He can find parts the dealerships say are NLA (like short blocks).

If price is your main concern then your best bet is someone local (maybe call IPOR?), car-parts.com, or the classifieds (post a "wanted" thread). A good body shop will make it look new.

Will also consider aftermarket options

Why would you want factory bumpers? Those, tires, and stereos are pretty weak compared to current aftermarket options unless you're really looking for a perfect stock look.

I am leaning toward the arb, who is the best source to buy from?

@Serina I have an OEM front bumper in nice (not perfect) condition from a 1994. Depending on where you're at in VA relative to where I am in NC, it might not be too difficult to get to you. I can send pics, if wanted. That said, if you have the $$, an aftermarket bumper is quite a good investment.

I kept mine for years. It was like brand new but it took up too much space in my garage so i gave it to the local junk yard.

Why would you want factory bumpers? Those, tires, and stereos are pretty weak compared to current aftermarket options unless you're really looking for a perfect stock look.

I think OP has a few 80's & hasn't settled on that 'perfect fit' 80 -if the person I'm thinking of. Has/had ~3 80's up for sale, so cheaper parts help field more 80's.
:meh:

IMG_0581.JPG
Check out Costa Fab's front Bumper I think it one of the best out there.

I was going to put mine up on Craigslist for $200 with all brackets and components in picture.
I'm in NW Ohio.
Anyone that follows to close on a cell phone will likely come looking.
Bangin' deal vs Dealership.

Land Cruiser Bumper.png

I'm picking up one of those Costa bumpers but I can't swing those recovery pockets as much as I want to. Those things just look awesome! Stock bumper got backed into and folded up like a cheap suit. I couldn't see paying the money to go back to something so useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom