Best Mod for under $100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found a nice upgrade for our pathetic reverse lights. Found these on Amazon and they have made a huge difference. Really happy with them for $16 and the size is perfect for the GX housing.

I got these for reverse lights and you are right cheap but effective upgrade. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQWPKKX/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

713EQ7VuEnL._SL1200_.jpg

how do they do with the back up cam? I was concerned the light might "glare out" the camera
They help the camera to me.

However if you have a bike rack on the back like I do the glare coming off of the rack when folded up causes the camera at night to focus on the rack and the exposure kills being able to see anything else. With nothing on the back it helps the camera.

Update on rear quarter belt molding pieces. In my 09 there is not a screw or bolt going through the tab behind the rear window. It’s just a plastic push connector. I found some of the interior trim pretty tough to remove and am wondering if it’s also a little different than the posts in the other thread, referenced above - some of you mention it’s oretty easy but seems like mine is attached with screws at the top of the c pillar. So after starting to remove interior trim I chose plan b and just broke the old one off one side. It comes off easily and sliding in and attaching the new one is easy. Seems like a much better way to go than getting into bolts for the window hinges.

Yeah those are the two options it seems. I'll probably try removing the trim to get to the glass just haven't made the time. The screw is behind the glass on the side closest tonthe side door.

4CFE43C6-4743-43D0-8702-6C0542CB2218.jpeg

On the new trim did you just cut off that piece/tab before installing?

I replaced all my door molding/weatherstrip. Waiting to do the 1/4s. I ordered from Amayama as they seemed to have better pricing and it got here right at one week from ship date. I found Megazip prices higher than in ScatAdams post.

I also threw this into the order :grinpimp:. Just to be different and funny. It was only $18.

Thanks to @nuclearlemon for pointing me to Amayama. I found it even though I misspelled it at the cruiser show.

9903D066-0D1C-4D74-9CFB-164CA94068F6.jpeg

Last edited:
I have been thinking of adding that badge....​

I replaced all my door molding/weatherstrip. Waiting to do the 1/4s. I ordered from Amayama as they seemed to have better pricing and it got here right at one week from ship date. I found Megazip prices higher than in ScatAdams post.

I also threw this into the order :grinpimp:. Just to be different and funny. It was only $18.

Thanks to @nuclearlemon for pointing me to Amayama. I found it even though I misspelled it at the cruiser show.

View attachment 1743510

Did you do the rear hatch weatherstrip?

No, just the 4 side entry doors.

@CO_Hunter was there a part number for that LC Prado badge?

View attachment 1743510

nice. I think that and the old school Toyota 4wd plaque would be excellent mods.

Sorry for the delay, I ‘ve been out of town on a weeklong expo/camp/fish trip.

The Toyota PN is 7543560110. It will come with 5 plastic tabs on the back side that I just trimmed off flush.

04A4D2AB-02FB-4FE5-B1FA-F12ED370FA2C.jpeg
$28 in spray paint for factory wheels.

I got a bit creative with my lights off of the running boards that I removed. I remove the wire harness and light enclosures on each end and fitted them on the frame rails after I had my sliders installed so that I can have those courtesy lights underneath the car a.k.a. free rock lights! Super easy mod. I used used the factory 12 mm bolts from the mounting points for the running boards and located 3 threaded holes on the frame to bolt the lights right up. Passenger front light mount I had to get a bit creative as there was no threaded hole to use. So I used a nut behind an existing hole and thru bolted it with a bent wrench to hold the nut tight. Total cost 2 beers, 45 min

7129231D-0C6C-456D-8A49-0D3878FCFDAA.jpeg

964F81C9-BC39-4763-8A8E-4A983D299013.jpeg

F9C214EC-E50C-444E-AAF4-493C7A295312.jpeg

B017C1B2-1976-47A4-AEA0-9024B58611C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome man, exactly what I’m going to do, why not reuse that stuff right? You like the LED lights you got, any part number or source info?

Thanks! I do like the LEDs but don’t have a part number. They were part of a LED light kit for the GX off eBay. 14 piece kit to change all interior lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom