Beeps when locking/unlocking doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
A-ha! Mine always "beeps" or "chirps" when it is cold outside...strangest thing!

I didn't see a link for the manuals in this thread so here they are if anyone needs them.
Slee-Offroad RS-3000 Manual Link

They say RS3200 on the page but when you download them they're for RS3000. Not sure what the difference is between the two alarms if any.

My alarm has a mind of it's own as well. Laugh every time b/c never know if it's gonna beep, chirp, or honk the horn!

Last edited:
I have a stock Toyota alarm but some one has lost the stock remote and replaced it with a one button remote. Does anyone know if I can reprogram the beep to be on with a one button remote? I don't remember what model alarm I have but when I had the drivers seat out it was a Toyota alarm module under the seat.

Reviving an old thread here...New to me truck. Just ordered remote. Programmed it. My back lights blick. Dome light comes on...need to replace piezos I am assuming, cant get it to work at all...

Question is, are the front blinkers/lights supposed to blink with the back lights when arming/disarming? The video above they do not...just wanted to make sure this is the same for everyone else. Thanks!!!

If this is the port installed RS3000, then yes. Parking lights blink along with the chirp. Once for lock, twice for unlock. I had to replace my chirper. I think is was a whole $6 on Amazon.
Download the manual. It shows you how to program all the functions.

If this is the port installed RS3000, then yes. Parking lights blink along with the chirp. Once for lock, twice for unlock. I had to replace my chirper. I think is was a whole $6 on Amazon.
Download the manual. It shows you how to program all the functions.

Thanks for the response!! I'll look for a chirper on Amazon. That's a good idea...is that tied into the lights? I don't see a setting in the manual that turns the parking lights blinking on or off.

Thanks for the response!! I'll look for a chirper on Amazon. That's a good idea...is that tied into the lights? I don't see a setting in the manual that turns the parking lights blinking on or off.
I found my dead chirper and replaced it. I did not reverse engineer anything.
You can turn the chirp on and off according to the manual, but the lights will always blink.
This is the one I bought. $0.39 and $6 shipping LOL.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HG7H2TM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@jonheld okay, thanks...I saw the setting for the chirper to turn on or off...which I tried. No chirp. Piezo must be dead. I'll get a new one...but my parking lights do not blink at all. The video posted here: - their lights don't blink either, so I was wondering if this is a common issue. Maybe find a solution.

so where is the piezo located?

so where is the piezo located?
On my LX450 it was wrapped in black foam below the brake booster. Truth be told, I couldn't find the damn thing because it went intermittent. I just kept hitting the button on the remote and eventually uncovered it.

Thanks! Mines intermittent too

My 92 has an OEM alarm without a piezo buzzer. It is connected with the horn. The manual came in the glove. If you do not want the horn you just switch it to 'horn defeat'. Kids switch it on sometimes, drives me nuts.

The other feature is "valet mode" which sucks (IMO) also. Not sure of the exact function but it seems to arm and re-arm by itself randomly. to disable this function you have to turn the ignition to start, depress the button and wait for the light to turn on or off (depending on the mode it is in).

If piezo is kaput you might try linking it to the horn instead, they dont go kaput. Although I dont understand why anyone would want any noise coming from their alarm, other than the horn for brake-ins. My power door locks make enough audible confirmation for me when arming, and the lights flash. that said, my range with the clicker is only about 20 ft.

I hate all beeps and chimes (one reason I like older cars), but if it saves my battery im ok with it. I installed a piezo for my headlights (no OEM reminder chime for lights in 92 i guess). When the door opens and the lights are on the buzzer rings. The only time the beeping noise sounds (from stock piezo) in my rig is when the sunroof is open and engine shut off.

image_123923953.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom