Builds Bear, My 200 Series Newbie Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Remember, if there's no YT clip, it never happened. :)
Haha, indeed. I am also planning on a video rundown of the rig once I get a few more items complete... I am sure many videos will come soon after that from some adventures.

It would be interesting to see how the fuel transfer works

I spoke with Nathan over at CBI, he said they are still in the process of getting all of their jigs set up for production.

He said the main delay right now is that they need another 200 series to finalize all of the fitment prior to full blown production. So if anyone is in that area and can donate their 200 for a while or know where they can find a 200, please let Nathan at CBI know.

Sorry - not trying to hijack the thread, just wanted to throw that out there. I'd let them use mine but I'm a little too far away!

I'd be happy to.... but mine is an LX... BUT, if they want to create an LX bumper.... well...:hmm:

Nice work, it looks awesome! Your thread title led me to believe this was a tire and rim project. :) Boy was I mistaken...

Rig looks truly awesome.

That said... I hope that you will include set-backs, or issues that you run into.

Nothing is ever perfect, and figuring out what breaks helps everyone just as the wheel & tire database helps us avoid known issues with rubbing, etc.. :)

I spoke with Nathan over at CBI, he said they are still in the process of getting all of their jigs set up for production.

He said the main delay right now is that they need another 200 series to finalize all of the fitment prior to full blown production. So if anyone is in that area and can donate their 200 for a while or know where they can find a 200, please let Nathan at CBI know.

Sorry - not trying to hijack the thread, just wanted to throw that out there. I'd let them use mine but I'm a little too far away!

No worries at all.. this is what it's for. Yeah, Nathan was supposed to get another 200 series from another party that was interested in doing the same type build but not sure their timing on that. If anyone has a 200 series closer to CBI it will definitely go much faster.

Nice work, it looks awesome! Your thread title led me to believe this was a tire and rim project. :) Boy was I mistaken...

Thanks very much! Haha, yep, planning to include much more than just tires and rims on here :)

Rig looks truly awesome.

That said... I hope that you will include set-backs, or issues that you run into.

Nothing is ever perfect, and figuring out what breaks helps everyone just as the wheel & tire database helps us avoid known issues with rubbing, etc.. :)

Thanks @Markuson! I will definitely, want to get more time with her and also get her out on the trail. I did notice some rubbing between the rear bumper and the 1/4 panel plastics. This was an easy fix, I removed the 1/4 panels with a screw and 4 tabs on each side then trimmed them using a utility knife, put the window lace back on and popped them back in place. Eliminated the vibration noise for a bit but now when I put her in reverse, there are some vibration noises coming from what sounds like the front. Not certain though. I need to take a drive with someone else in the car or have my wife hope in put it in reverse and get under there to see what the sounds is... we'll find out how much she loves me if she keeps her foot solidly on the brakes. :oops:

Besides the above so far, nothing to note at all. No rubbing at all in normal driving, etc. It rubbed once when fully locked hard trying to make a tight u-turn but then I realized I could jump the curb no problem. :)

The sPOD works great, and is much faster operation than I thought it would be with the LCD screen. They dimming and flash features are also pretty darn cool and has plenty of real-estate for 8 switches.

So I have gotten plenty of requests for more pics... here are a few I think you will enjoy. ;) I will post many more and have to find some time to complete my dual battery install, rear electrical distribution, rock lights, fridge slide and fridge install, etc. etc. etc. Feedback and questions welcomed!

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5628.JPG

IMG_5630.JPG

IMG_5632.JPG

IMG_5633.JPG

I finally got around to creating some wiring harnesses and getting them wired into the sPOD. Here are some pics of the install and outcome:

I began with removing the side section where I wanted to mount the ram mount to hold the sPOD LCD display. I was originally thinking about mounting it to the A pillar o sh*t grab handle but after sitting in the rig for a while and looking at my setup, I found a very good spot for it the is out of the way yet quickly accessible with my right hand.

IMG_5551.JPG

IMG_5553.JPG

Drilled two holes to mount the Ram mount and used locking nuts on the back end to ensure a tight fit that should not come loose.
IMG_5554.JPG

IMG_5555.JPG

IMG_5557.JPG

I then repositioned it and figured out where I wanted the connection cable to be routed out of the way and not visible when the sPOD was mounted. Use a drill to start and then a utility knife to trim cleanly.

IMG_5558.JPG

IMG_5559.JPG

Got under the drivers side took the kick panel off and routed the cable under and through the hole I created.
IMG_5561.JPG

IMG_5562.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

IMG_5564.JPG

Put everything back together, fit was perfect and mounted the sPOD
IMG_5565.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG

We have power!

IMG_5567.JPG

Starting to connect some of the cables into the sPOD for simple testing, length sizing, etc. - super easy. Then started routing the cables as best I could.
IMG_5569.JPG

IMG_5571.JPG

Made sure to run the wires in between the fire protection and the hood then down the drivers side strut and secured the wire with zip ties. I also used shrinkable sleeve for added protection. You can see where the connection points are for the DLB lights.

IMG_5572.JPG

IMG_5575.JPG

I'm curious to know how this custom bumper compares to the ARB version as far us robustness and if it will flex enough to harm the upper bumper plastic under full tension when winching. The design of this bumper with the integrated led lights is awesome. Major kudos to the designer and love the extra clearance allowed for front wheels. Please PM me the cost of this setup with winch and would most likely get it powder coated to match my rig. Seriously looks awesome! Well done:)

aausmana,
Thanks for mentioning you picked out a Gran Sabana Ruggedized. I didn't know Tepui made a ruggedized version, needless to say, now I have a green one sitting in my garage. I won't be able to mount it for a month, so I'm hoping to see yours whenever your get to it. Great build, by the way.

So I sped to SLC right after CBI cranked as best they could to complete the install. I spent the night after arriving at 2am, got some much-needed breakfast, and found my way to Equipt1 at 7am!

I met Paul May there and we quickly got to installing the roof rack. If anyone in the area has not been to Paul's shop, there are many very nice accessories that are tried and true in the overlanding world! Worth making a stop to say hi in my opinion!

Here are a few pics from that morning. Nothing detailed as the K9 Roof rack is super easy to install and mostly self-explanatory.

View attachment 1237054

View attachment 1237055

View attachment 1237056

View attachment 1237057

View attachment 1237059

I am interested in the K9 rack.. How high is the top of the rack above your radio fin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom