Builds Bear, My 200 Series Newbie Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. I am in the market for a bumper....following for more info on release date

I know all of you are waiting for more updates/pics and status on the truck. This week/weekend has been a little hectic but got some more done. Installed all the wiring harnesses and lights into the sPOD, mounted the sPOD in the cab, did some trimming of the rear quarter panels and went on a 10 mile hike. I will have some more updates posted tomorrow or Tuesday. I am now planning for electrical updates which include IBS dual battery setup, wiring the rear D2's in the bumper, rear camp light, rear distribution center for fridge power, some aux outlets, etc. much much more to do in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

I know all of you are waiting for more updates/pics and status on the truck. This week/weekend has been a little hectic but got some more done. Installed all the wiring harnesses and lights into the sPOD, mounted the sPOD in the cab, did some trimming of the rear quarter panels and went on a 10 mile hike. I will have some more updates posted tomorrow or Tuesday. I am now planning for electrical updates which include IBS dual battery setup, wiring the rear D2's in the bumper, rear camp light, rear distribution center for fridge power, some aux outlets, etc. much much more to do in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

aausmana - What is the weight of your front bumper? I'm very interested in having one built for my 200 but would like to get a better idea of the weight difference between yours and an ARB. I'd like to get the weight for the rear bumper as well, if you have it. Thanks

aausmana - What is the weight of your front bumper? I'm very interested in having one built for my 200 but would like to get a better idea of the weight difference between yours and an ARB. I'd like to get the weight for the rear bumper as well, if you have it. Thanks

Hey Shiner1836 - I responded to your PM. I am not exactly sure of the weights for the front/rear. I think it would be best to call Nathan at CBI to see if he or Steve has accurate estimates for you. Sorry I can't be of much more help.

Ok, so here are the rest of the pics and how Bear stands today. I fell way behind and apologize for the delay!

Steve and Sam working hard to get the rear transfer fuel skid plate bolted in.
IMG_5449.JPG

The passenger swing-away mounted with the spare and the tool box where I will store spare liquids, recovery gear, fuel transfer hose, etc. Weathertight and locked! So sweet!
IMG_5450.JPG

The Drivers side swing-away has a dual jerry holder and a propane tank mount. It also has a small fold down table for condiments, beer, and other stuff while in camp mode.
IMG_5451.JPG

Here she stands. Having just driven away from CBI at 11pm and getting her first fill-up as a new rig preparing for the snowy drive south to Salt Lake City for a visit with Paul May at Equipt1!!!!
IMG_5452.JPG

Next-up.... K9 Roof rack!

So I sped to SLC right after CBI cranked as best they could to complete the install. I spent the night after arriving at 2am, got some much-needed breakfast, and found my way to Equipt1 at 7am!

I met Paul May there and we quickly got to installing the roof rack. If anyone in the area has not been to Paul's shop, there are many very nice accessories that are tried and true in the overlanding world! Worth making a stop to say hi in my opinion!

Here are a few pics from that morning. Nothing detailed as the K9 Roof rack is super easy to install and mostly self-explanatory.

IMG_5457.JPG

IMG_5459.JPG

IMG_5460.JPG

IMG_5461.JPG

IMG_5464.JPG

I like the (almost) fully-exposed front tires. Means approach angles off-center are almost unlimited.

@aausmana - Did you move the factory back up camera so that it is still functional? Or did you ad an aftermarket and tie in to the harness, if so what camera did u go with? Bumpers look great! I'll be calling CBI and ordering some shortly!
Thanks!

Now, it's time to go scratch up that black paint. Where are you going first? What's on your bucket list of trails that you're going to stuff that pig through?

Any chance you could post profile shots from both sides of the front and rear bumpers open and closed?

You've got a lot of great photos already, but I'm curious to see the side-view of each--especially to show extension in back on each side of the rear bumper.

Holly smokes, that is one badass looking rig....

WOW, that look awesome.

I covet your front bumper and fuel tank. :)

I like the (almost) fully-exposed front tires. Means approach angles off-center are almost unlimited.

Wow, thanks so much for the comments guys!! Needless to say, I am in love. I am chomping at the bit to get her dirty! Can't wait to test the approach off-camber angles and many many other things along with the full camping set-up! Just in time for a great season of "get me the hell outta here" trips!

@aausmana - Did you move the factory back up camera so that it is still functional? Or did you ad an aftermarket and tie in to the harness, if so what camera did u go with? Bumpers look great! I'll be calling CBI and ordering some shortly!
Thanks!

@shiner1836 I added an aftermarket camera (Esky EC170) rear camera. I highlighted with red where the new camera was placed on the bumper which Steve at CBI built a nice little protection cage for it. We wired it to the factory harness. I will be covering the exposed wires with something, just thinking about what will work best. Maybe a metal braided sleeve to deter anyone from potentially cutting it.

Reverse camera highlight.JPG

Now, it's time to go scratch up that black paint. Where are you going first? What's on your bucket list of trails that you're going to stuff that pig through?
Oh the list is long my friend... Probably a quick run to Holister very soon to play around, then heading to Overland Expo, then may do Lost Coast Trail for some camping by the sea (not really technical and mostly fire roads), Rubicon is on the list, then Ennis or Beartooths in August on the way to Yellowstone and Grand Teton. I also want to get to Canyonlands, as well as hit some trails in the Sierras by Yosemite.

Any chance you could post profile shots from both sides of the front and rear bumpers open and closed?

You've got a lot of great photos already, but I'm curious to see the side-view of each--especially to show extension in back on each side of the rear bumper.
Sure, I will try to get to these this week. I have a profile of the front bumper a few posts back, but it is only of the front 1/4 of the rig. I will see if I can take some full length profile pics.

Remember, if there's no YT clip, it never happened. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom