Backup Cameras (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m running this kenwood on my 70 (removed it during the Kaymar install and have yet to get it put back in. I’m going to be redoing my sound system and haven’t picked a new head unit yet.
Accessories | Navigation and Multimedia | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD USA

I like the camera, I plan to install two (front/rear) on my 100 when I start building it up for more hard core wheeling.

I run this Pioneer head unit but you can't because of your antiquated metal dash :)

20200605_142207.jpg

I might try one of those rear view mirror back up camera things.
At my advanced age, I've found those screens to be to small.

I’m running this kenwood on my 70 (removed it during the Kaymar install and have yet to get it put back in. I’m going to be redoing my sound system and haven’t picked a new head unit yet.
Accessories | Navigation and Multimedia | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD USA

I like the camera, I plan to install two (front/rear) on my 100 when I start building it up for more hard core wheeling.
My Tacoma has a factory backup camera and I've gotten really spoiled by it. The 79 Series has a lot of blind spots, especially with the spare tire location and could definitely benefit from a camera.

Last edited:
Camper has a double DIN with the same Amazon reverse camera as #2. It's a good setup. Simple to install and hook up. We run the AXV5000 Sony in that truck. SUPER simple head unit and perfect for retired airline pilots because from what I learned today, it only requires 2 buttons to fly a plane. Green and red. Did I understand that right? :)

20190720_155849_1.jpg

We put our cameras here

20200421_174248_HDR.jpg

I might try one of those rear view mirror back up camera things.

There are some cool aftermarket options for sure.

We were watching a review of the new Defender and it's rear view mirror is actually a full digital monitor. Very cool. While it is working...it's a Land Rover so it won't last long.

Camper has a double DIN with the same Amazon reverse camera as #2. It's a good setup. Simple to install and hook up. We run the AXV5000 Sony in that truck. SUPER simple head unit and perfect for retired airline pilots because from what I learned today, it only requires 2 buttons to fly a plane. Green and red. Did I understand that right? :)

View attachment 2330595
I have the same radio and I got the combo package with backup camera off Amazon. I think the camera by itself was around $40-50. I haven’t done anything with it yet. I don’t really use the factory one in my wife’s 4Runner. However I do use the factory one in my Dads Dodge all the time for hooking up trailer which is why I will be putting one on my 75

I have the same radio and I got the combo package with backup camera off Amazon. I think the camera by itself was around $40-50. I haven’t done anything with it yet. I don’t really use the factory one in my wife’s 4Runner. However I do use the factory one in my Dads Dodge all the time for hooking up trailer which is why I will be putting one on my 75

I find myself having to force myself to use cameras......I'm not sure why....maybe just too set in my ways. Tonight I was in my 80 backing out of a spot and thought, "I really should put a backup camera in this truck". Ha.

@c2dfj45 .... "I find myself having to force myself to use cameras.."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I on the other hand can't imagine having a daily driver without one. If I use the only the trucks mirrors I find that objects that appear very close are actually feet away when viewed through the camera.

@c2dfj45 .... "I find myself having to force myself to use cameras.."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I on the other hand can't imagine having a daily driver without one. If I use the only the trucks mirrors I find that objects that appear very close are actually feet away when viewed through the camera.

I've spent the last 20 years backing cars out of the shop every morning.....the cars that pay the bills have always had reverse cameras. I still back out stuff and will look down and think to myself, "hey....this car has a camera in it". Total mental block for some reason. I'm trying though....I watch the kids back stuff up and they never look anywhere but on that camera. Ha. I don't think they know there is a rear view mirror.

I don’t use mirrors often either. I usually just look out the back window. Put me in a box truck and I am lost trying to use mirrors.

Between backing farm trailers and boat trailers I've always been able to back things up with a fair amount of precision using just mirrors. Now I never even look at the mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom