Back-up Camera Install Location??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have them on all the apparatus' @ work & I almost never look @ them. I want it to hook up my trailer (why I REALLY need it to be centered) & when in a jamb rock-crawling w/out assistance/spotter in the rear.

Back up cams when it comes to trailer hook ups can save your marriage.

Back up cams when it comes to trailer hook ups can save your marriage.
When we'd take our 35' 5th wheel camping & trying to back it up @ night in a tight campsite, I would BEG for a divorce! Man, we'd fight like cats & dogs doing that. It flat out sucked.

When we'd take our 35' 5th wheel camping & trying to back it up @ night in a tight campsite, I would BEG for a divorce! Man, we'd fight like cats & dogs doing that. It flat out sucked.

Almost as bad asking the wife to spot you backing up trailer when she stands behind it (out of sight) and wondering why you are not moving LOL

@milemarker60 drilled a hole in the center of his 4x4labs bumper right above hitch and put the camera flush to the surface. Great option if you have swing outs.

@milemarker60 drilled a hole in the center of his 4x4labs bumper right above hitch and put the camera flush to the surface. Great option if you have swing outs.
I was actually contemplating this. I'm building my swing-out in the next couple weeks so I may just have to wait & see where it'll be useful after it goes on.

I was actually contemplating this. I'm building my swing-out in the next couple weeks so I may just have to wait & see where it'll be useful after it goes on.

Yes you will. Anywhere you put it now will just need to be moved once you add swing outs.

It'll be a single long swing w/spare tire on DS & ladder on PS. I'd probably be fine w/it above the license plate but I guess I'll wait & see. Gives me a chance to route wiring & mount the bluetooth phone mic that came w/it too. Every vehicle I've had for the last 10+ years, except my LX450, had hands-free phone & I miss it big time!

The tire will be in your field of view.
The tire will be in your field of view.

I agree with @NLXTACY . I started with a 4x4 labs bumper, but made custom tire holder, and I tried my best to keep the tire low and to the side, yet not blocking the brake light, and it still blocks my camera. If I move the camera to the side of the OEM license plate area, I might be able to have some vision, but it will still be partially blocked by the tire.

Almost as bad asking the wife to spot you backing up trailer when she stands behind it (out of sight) and wondering why you are not moving LOL

This is why you need to marry a farm girl.

And why doesn't "multi-quote" work on this forum?

20150304_182650_resized.jpg

Installed the camera in my 4x4 Labs rear bumper. Used a 1/2" bit and took the front 'cap' off the camera lens. Disregard the color difference. I'd just touched up the black paint from drilling. Fits extremely snug and slightly recessed from flush so it's quite protected. Used gorilla epoxy to hold it in place. Fits nicely I think.
7D267EF4-AFFC-43D8-A0EB-C3FA6E499C53.jpg

8B05C7FE-0533-49E5-A913-E7E52237B660.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom